cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC ASN creation via XML file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have the PO collaboration scenario set up between ECC -XI- SNC.

We already have a process in place where our freight forwarder company transfers an XML file to our system(PI) and the ASN(IDOC)is posted to ECC.

Now with SNC,we need to do the same that is take the same file and post the XML ASN in SNC.

Can someone let me know how I can map the incoming XML file to create the ASN in SNC?

Also once the IBD is created in ECC,is there any information which needs to flow back to SNC?

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Checkout SAP standard integration for Purchase Order Collaboration.

Example: Message Flow for Purchase Order Processing - Purchase Order Collaboration - SAP Library

Once Supplier sends XML to PI and from PI system will send DespatchdeliveryNotification to SNC.

Now enable automatic trigger of ASN to PI perform configuration as per below link:

Once ASN is created in SNC system will trigger DDN_Out to PI from PI it will trigger IDOc DESADV.DELVRY03 to ECC.

In ECC it will automatically create inbound delivery.

In SNC we should also send proof of delivery back to SNC with reference to ASN:

Check below link for more details:

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for the response.

I had one question regarding the ASN process....As I mentioned earlier,we already have an interface which converts the ASN files from supplier to post the ASN IDOCS in ECC to create the IBD.

I know the general flow for ASN is SNC-->PI--XI but is it possible that if we already have the ASN idocs in ECC,we can replicate that to SNC instead of other way round?

I was referring to the link below:

http://es-workplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?id=6A37713FDF3511DA2B24000...

It talks about communication from ECC to SNC using the intercace DesadvDelvy03_DespatchedDeliveryNotification_01.

However I'm not sure if this is possible what is the effect it will have on INVOICE creation since invoice will be directly created in SNC?

Thanks again for your time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

As SAP provides standard integration in Purchase Order collaboration with ASN.

It is recommended that integration should be:

Supplier system -----Custom mapping ASN------>PI---------SAP standard mapping ----> SNC

SNC------- SAP standard mapping--->PI------ ASN IDoc SAP standard mapping -----> ECC

But if you don't want to go with this then you can go with ASN creation in SNC via ECC--->PI--->SNC.

Regarding Invoice collaboration:

You can have invoice creation with reference to Purchase Order or ASN.

It all depends on business process how the invoices are created with reference to PO or ASN.

Regards,

Nikhil

Answers (0)