cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTF Report Formatting

0 Kudos

When I generate an RTF report without a presentation template (i.e. select "<None>"), the formatting defined in the report is applied to the output.  But, if I assign a presentation template to the report, it seems as if none of the formatting defined in the report is used.

Is this the expected behavior or is there something I'm missing?

I'd like to be able to use a presentation template to control the overall layout of the report and to define styles for high-level items like headings and the table of contents.  But I'd prefer to have the format of lower-level items (e.g. "List of Table Columns") to be based on the report definition (at least for those items whose formatting has been changed from the default)

Is this possible?

I'm using PowerDesigner 15.3 and MS Word 2010

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

A bit more info...

In my list items, it seems that it is only the Font formatting that is not rendering in the report output.  If changes are made to the Paragraph (e.g. Alignment) or Border formatting of a list item, the changes are implemented.  Additionally, I discovered that changes to the font of a plain text attributes like a "View SQL Query", are being rendered.

Any ideas why the font setting for a list item wouldn't come through?

0 Kudos

I seemed to have narrowed down the bug and a work-around so I'll post here for posterity:

Bug: For a list item in a report, if the option for "Show Title" is selected, then the formats for the "List Column Header" and "List Text" are not applied.  However, if the option for "Show Title" is deselected, then the formats are applied.

Work around: To have a title on a custom-formatted list item, deselect "Show Title" and add an independent "Title" item above it.

Hope this helps someone in the future who encounters this issue and finds their way here via search.