Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Selection for Source File not working for same directory

sugata_bagchi2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario NFS to SFTP. Here I am sending certain type of files (.xls,.xlsx and .csv) to the destination SFTP server.

I kept the poll interval as 120 sec and put a modification check of 100 ms in the sender file adapter,

These are large files (~ 4-15 MB) and no mapping is involved, just a pass thru scenario.

In order to pick up all the 3 types of files I have used "Advanced Selection for Source File". I have used the same directory but these  3 different file types.

But the problem is , the file is picked up only in the case when it matches the file name mentioned in the default directory.

above is the configuration, so if there is a file in the working directory with  .xlsx then it will pick up that file, else if there is a with .xls / .csv , it is not picking up. I have to modify the value in the default source directory and then it is picking up the file.

any thoughts on this peculiar behavior ?

Thanks

Sugata B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sugata_bagchi2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks for the help and advise. I have used the below configuration and it worked -

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sugata_bagchi2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am using PI 7.4 Java only single stack.

Service Pack:

Release:

NW731EXT_10_REL

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sugata,

If there are no other files in that folder, which should not be picked up. Please use *. It will pick all files.

Specifying Additional Files in the Sender File Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Why .xls and .csv are not picked up, when .xlsx is not present?

It is by SAP design. Additional files are picked up as attachments, when main file is present.

sugata_bagchi2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu for the update.

But I have tried that options too, using  *.* but it is sending some system files also (may be hidden FNS system files).

See below in the receiver application SFTP server along with the actual xls file some other files are also sent-

And I am not using Additional files, I have selected the advanced selection of files option,

Please advise.

Thanks

Sugata B

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the file name is going to start as 00 then try 00.* in that way you can pick all files starts with "00" and no need for additional files/advance selection.