cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Dynamic configuration in SOAP receiver channel

0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario is file to SOAP. At receiver side I want to generate URL dynamically.

To proceed step by step, I started with passing a constant URL to Dynamic configuration UDF.

mapping:

Dynamic conf. UDF

Channel Configuration:

From testing, I found that channel always takes the url given in Target URL field and dynamic URL in TserverLocation is been ignored by the channel.

That is dynamic configuration is not working completely.

I went through a lot of blogs and also tried a lot of trial and error methods, but none helped. Every thing I configured looks perfect for me, but still not working. I don't understand where I went wrong. Please help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sathish

The rest seems to be pointing you in the right direction, so I'll just chip in only a little bit more.

Your UDF seems to look fine. If the values are not showing in the Dynamic Configuration section, maybe the UDF is not being triggered.

My preferred approach for using DynamicConfiguration UDF in Message Mapping is to use a graphical variable instead of the root node. I would create one just under the root node and give it a name like V_SetFileName, and map the output of the UDF to that variable. It also provides a quick overview when I open a Message Mapping and see it, I know that there is some sort of Dynamic Configuration mapping going on.

Rgds

Eng Swee

0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

I found that mapping itself is not being executed.

So far, I had been using the same message type for both Source and target service interfaces. So I didn't realize it. Now I create a small transformation and found in target payload that, the transformation is not happening.So entire mapping itself is not used during run time.

But this is strange. Don't understand why it is happening.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you include the message mapping in an Operation Mapping?

Did you include the Operation Mapping in the Interface Determination step?

0 Kudos

My apologies to all for this mistake.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing similar issue,

URL --> UDF --> @dynamicvariable

I have created a variable underparent node eg: DESADV-->dynamicvariable

passed complete URL to UDF, below is the UDF

& configured SOAP Receiver Channel as well. This is IDOC to IDOC scenario, using IDOC_AAE on sender side and SOAP on receiver in single stack.

--> Checked ASMA

--> Checked Variable Transport Binding and given "TServerLocation" without quotes in XHeaderName1

--> Target URL: http://

But when I am running this interface, nothing is coming in Dynamic configuration.

Ref: Message Log:

MM and OM is also perfect in ESR.

Any suggestions? Please advice.

Regards

Singh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Your design and configuration seems to be right. Try to do a dummy change in the mapping, like to change the description and to test calling your entire scenario, not from operation mapping nor message mapping.

Are you using the root node to map the UDF?

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I am using the root node to map the UDF.

Every time when I do change in mapping, I am testing the entire scenario. Please elaborate on your reply, so that I can understand how to proceed.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

If you test your entire scenario nothing to add my below suggestion.

If you are not seing the traces in sxi_monitor, coming to my mind only two possibilities, you have configured a higger trace level in sxmb_adm or the UDF is not being executed.

Have you thought in a cache problem?, Did born your MM with the UDF?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you able to see the dynamic configuration URL values in SXMB_MONI?

0 Kudos

Hi Ramkumar,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried adding trace using both addInfo and addWarning, but content given in these functions are not shown up in trace in SXMB_MONI. I even passed some string to these add functions.. but no luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it should be similar as below

0 Kudos

Hi Ramkumar,

No I am not getting this DynamicConfiguration

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Have you reactivated your interface determination?

Regards,
Mark