cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-location dependent stock type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP help mentions, "the SAP ERP system only recognizes the stock types FF,QQ,RR,BB. You can define other location-independent stock types in EWM, if you do not need to communicate them to the ERP system".

Based on this I created a custom stock type "F3" which is mapped to custom location-independent stock type "ZZ".

With Tx /SCWM/POST, I tried to postt F2 stocks to F3. System threw an error, ERP does not support stock type ZZ.

How can we make this work without posting to ERP.

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

khushbuagarwal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I am getting same error, I want to add another stock type , for Inventory Counted in and Blocked until someone post it to F2.

How I can do that, I dont want to Use B6, becuase it will be seperate role.

0 Kudos

hi karthik

how did you actually create a custom stock type role? i have exact same situation as yours and i have non location dependant sstock type from B3 - B7 and while doing a posting change i am getting the same error. when i checked the where used list for an existing stock type it is was updating so many fms in the background and wwas not sure if we would a custom stock type role, how the relevant updates would happen in the back ground. please let me know if you have insights on this

thanks

anand.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

could there be any posting change in EWM which does not reflect back to ERP? What other location-independent stock types could there be?

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

There are few scenarios where in customer was to block the stock from picking but wants the visibility on while generating inventory. This block is not a BB stocktype rather it is FF stocktype which means this should not impact the value. Also during picking I can set the strategy to pick the special stock types and then F2.

Hence I tried to extend the following standard stock type to 3 more customized stock type. Ex:

St.Type  Avbl.Grp       NST       St.Type Role

Standard: F2          002                FF         Normal Stock

Custom:  F3          002                 FF         <blank> (system accepted)

Custom:  F4          002                 FF         <blank> (system threw error, required unique combition)

Custom:  F5          <blank>          <blank>  <blank> (system accepted, but gave error in /scwm/post)

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi karthik

Hi check have you assign availability group to below setting. This will link to ERP if you assign availability group to this.

Based on this I created a custom stock type "F3" which is mapped to custom location-independent stock type "ZZ".

Regards

Suraj

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

"Based on this I created a custom stock type "F3" which is mapped to custom location-independent stock type "ZZ"."

well, that was the easy part, I came that far as well.. But did you ever try to do a posting change for this stock type? All I get is the message "EWM data not supported for ERP communication: Non-Dep. Stock Type ZZ".

@Karthik: coming back to my original answer: "could there be any posting change in EWM which does not reflect back to ERP?" I suppose the system will ALWAYS try to sent a message back to ERP.

Now I understand the process you described why you want to do that. But this: "Also during picking I can set the strategy to pick the special stock types and then F2." would not work without Badi or modification. Because the system would always try to pick F2 stock, with a stock determination group you would get the system to look for the other stock is no F2 is available, but not the other way around.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Finally I have resolved my requirement. I modified the "Stock type role" data element and added a new role which I mapped to custom stock type. In the warehouse control I configured the custom stock type as preferred one. Also include the custom stock type in "Stock determination" group.

Thanks for support

Karthik