cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED RSEOUT00

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to process outbound idocs by running report RSEOUT00 in background for one partner however it is failing with memory dump  TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED, i have already have required values for memory parameters.

please find attachments for more details.

another point is if i run program with same selection criteria it is completing successfully but when i run in background it is failing with memory dump.

another point is if i run program with "Maximum Number of IDocs" filed as 10 value it is completing successfully but due to some funtional requirement we wanted to keep "Maximum Number of IDocs" value as 100 minimum.

i already gone through below SAP Notes but no luck, if anyone provide a solution it will be very helpful.

1929647 - EDIQO: Long runtimes in outbound queue processing

1862248 - Delays sending outbound Idocs (status 30) which have been configured to transfer immediately

1813159 - Hanging LUW´s in SM58 with the function module IDOCS_OUTPUT_TO_R3

1333417 - Performance problems when processing IDocs immediately

1777090 - Idocs are processed immediately despite having the "Trigger by background program" option selected in WE20

Thanks,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

The fact that your process dumps after using ~5.8GB of memory tell me that either your Z* IDOCs are very big (lot of segments) or you have a lot of unprocessed Z* IDOCs.

1. Check the number of unprocessed Z* IDOCs you have in your system.

2. Run RSEOUT00 with date ranges based on your findings from step (1). Don't try and process with no date range specified.

3. After having checked (1), consider adapting your memory parameters.

I noticed from your dump that you only managed to allocate 3.8GB of heap (of the 6GB that you have configured for (DIA/NONDIA) which means you don't have enough heap for all processes running together. You can either increase your EM along with your roll_extension.

Kindest Regards,

Amerjit

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat ,

As Amerjit has suggested above it will be best if you could provide the date range /

better if you could specify the idoc number  range and try once again  ( Date is not a field in the EDID4 table )

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit and Manu,

Thanks for your reply.

i am sorry i have given different screen shot earlier, actually in the selection screen i am specifying date range but still not running successfully and giving same memory dump (please find attached screen shot).

also i am trying to process around 600 unprocessed idocs with my selection criteria.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Venkat,

Then I'd refine your date range even more.

eg:

10/02 => 15/02

16/02 => 22/02

23/02 => 28/02

How big are these IDOCS ?

Anyway, try the more granular date ranges and then as needed increase your memory allocation parameters.

KR,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit,

if i reduce my date range it may work but my doubt is why am able to execute it successfully in foreground why not in background?

another point is if i execute it in background with value 10 as Maximum Number of Idocs it is successfully processing, however it is failing with 100 value. why?

another point from your earlier reply even though am having 6GB heap memory background workprocess is not utilizing it completely and after some point it is going into extended memory.

as per my understanding once heap memory is completely utilized it should use extended memory for background work process please correct me if am wrong.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

If you run in DIA then you will use EM then Heap

If you run in BTC then you will use Heap only

The fact that your abap/heap_area_total is set to 6GB (to be shared by all processes) and that your hea_non_dia is also set to 6GB means that you will in all probability never get 6GB of heap for you BTC.

In that case you *must* increase your abap/heap_area_total (eg: 12GB).

Let's just take a silly example of 2 BTC processes that each will use 6GB of heap (remember your heap total is 6GB) one or both will fail when they are running at the same time as neither will be able to fully grow to 6GB. So if you wanted these two fictitious BTC to run through to completion (each using 6GB of heap) then your abap/heap_area_total would have to be at least 12GB (more really as these would not be the only processes using heap).

I hope I haven't been as clear as mud 🙂

Kindest Regards,

Amerjit

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Hope you followed the SAP Note 1520560 - Dump TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED when running report RBDMIDOC - ALE

which i shared earlier with you & was very clear for the issue.If you recheck with same you'll find the main cause as

Cause

The report aborts, as too many records should be loaded to an internal table.
This dump always indicates a memory bottleneck, caused by the exhausting of the Roll Area. When the process reaches the limit set by parameters abap/heap_area_total and abap/heap_area_dia, this error occurs. The TSV_TNEW_PAGE _ALLOC is always raised, as too much data (to much open change pointers) has been selected at once.

And suggested for resolution with

1.Increase the memory   ( abap/heap_area_total as well as abap/heap_area_dia )

the problem is some of the IDocs contains huge number of records ex:180,000

so i hope because of them it is failing.

2.Reduce the selection

If it is possible reduce the selection to reduce the amount of data to be processed.

If your issue has been resolved kindly mark the thread as answered.

Good luck !!

Gaurav

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat ,

Check the value of  abap/heap_area_total it is set to 6 GB as well ( ie the total for Diag+bck ) .

You have allocated only 6 GB combined.

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu and Amerjit,

Thanks for your inputs and clear explanation.

You are right even i have noticed total heap should be 12GB and i have increased it, also i have increased extended memory to 6GB then job has been completed successfully and processed around 600 IDOCs. the problem is some of the IDocs contains huge number of records ex:180,000

so i hope because of them it is failing.

as of now i have recommended requester to create small IDocs instead of very big IDocs, will let you know further updates.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Glad our collective advice helped you get to a resolution.

Please mark the message as answered.

Kindest Regards,

Amerjit

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Could you follow resolution from SAP Note  1520560 - Dump TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED when running report RBDMIDOC - ALE

as the issue is only due to large number of data to be processed in background,If possible try to reduce the selection to reduce the amount of data to be processed & check again.

The report aborts, as too many records should be loaded to an internal table.
This dump always indicates a memory bottleneck, caused by the exhausting of the Roll Area. When the process reaches the limit set by parameters abap/heap_area_total and abap/heap_area_dia, this error occurs. The TSV_TNEW_PAGE _ALLOC is always raised, as too much data (to much open change pointers) has been selected at once.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

No more storage space available for extending an internal table.

Could you check with SAP Note  1617487 - No more storage space available for extending an internal table

1583640 - Profile parameters of memory management for SoD analysis

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would you please share complete dump details.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

please find attached dump.

Thanks,

Venkat