Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAS & VMS Stopped

said_shepl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

We are install SAP Business Object XI 4.0 SP 2 PL 12, the full Package,

we try to start the SAP Business Object Mobile servers (VAS & VMS), but it's stopped.

as in the Pic:

We don,t know what's the reason?

Log file for starting VAS is attached.

Kindly, Aid Us.

Regards

Said Shepl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you configuring MDS for Blackberry devices as well?

After your finished installation of BI 4.0 SP2, did you try to start the VAS and VMS?

or you configured/made changes in some config files first?

Also, if running MDS on the same server as tomcat, note that MDS uses same port number as of tomcat i.e 8080, so change any one of them.

Also, if you have taken backup of any config files, before making changes, replace them with the original ones and try to start the VAS and VMS again and check

Regards,

Atul B

said_shepl
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Atul,

Thanks about your reply.

In Fact, We are make this is installation from 2 Years.

My manager ask me to configure Mobility on Business Object,

I'm follow the following link:

Setting up SAP BusinessObjects Mobile - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Step No. 4: Open the Mobile 14 folder, and copy these two .war files to the tomcat6/webapps folder: MobileBIService.war and MOBIServer.war.

The .war files will be automatically deployed by Tomcat.

And install SAP BI on my Android Mobile and configure the connection, We are already logon now and the connection which we created it take thecorrect mark behind it: but we face three problems at logon:

1-After we had logon directly and when we scroll down screen also, we

received the same MOB 06031 errors, although we are use the

administrator user.

2- when we are logon, we found no data or report is found (No Documents

Available). although we are create a new category that called mobile,

and

create report in it.

3- When we try to create a new category from Mobile, it's done, but we

didn't find it.

I didn't configure MDS for Blackberry devices.

Kindly, advice me.

Regards

Said Shepl

0 Kudos

Hi Said,
For MOB 06031, you might want to refer to the master sap note 1869593.

The stopped mobile servers are not in latter 4.1 patches, and all mobile server actions are performed by MobileBIService.war. So its important to deploy this webapp and have access to it from the mobile devices.
(eg you could test http://<server>:<port>/ from a mobile browser to see if you can get to this url or even the url to bilaunchpad and test if the user is able to login.

However you seem to indicate that you are able to login to BOE via the mobile app - in which case you should see all reports assigned to the "mobile" category which is by design.

if you don't see them, its possible there are some typos or permissions issues, or you are not logged into the BOE system via mobile app.

Regards,

Shiva

said_shepl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

we are already deploy MobileBIService.war, and this is the result for the test:

Also from web browser for mobile, we can access http://<server>:<port>/ and access CMC also.

We are create a category that Called "Mobile". but when connect with mobile app "SAP BI", we can't find any Documents. Although i work with administrator account.

I want to know also, Are the mobile report have a characteristics differ from another report when we create it?

Kindly Advice us.

Regards

Said