Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional Location Address

ajaya_sahu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

At the highest level hierarchy on functional location, address details are maintained in Location Tab. This address is not copying to all hierarchies down the line in functional location, not sure what is the problem. Same Structural Indicator is maintained for all the levels.

Advance thanks for the update.

Regards,

Sahu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sahu,

Is this happening when you create a new functional location or to existing functional locations loaded through a LSMW?

Can you check the following: On the next level down from your highest level FLOC where the address details are maintained, can you click on Edit >> Data Origin List and check if the Address field has a checkbox selected under Functional Location or is it under Maintained Individually?

To retrospectively inherit the address data from superior FLOC try this:

• On the FLOC where the Address data is not inherited, click on Location tab and then click on the Create button adjacent to the Name field, on the popup window for the Address number if you have an option for Superior FLOC select it and click on green tick
  • This should pull in the address details from your superior functional location.

As far as I can recall there is no configuration setting for this. If this has happened to the FLOCs loaded via LSMW then it appears to be a data load issue, perhaps some of the lower level FLOCs were  created before the superior functional location. You may need another LSMW to get the issue fixed.

Cheers,

Khayyam

ajaya_sahu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for the Update. Checked the steps Edit > Data Origin List , Maintained Individually is updated against the Address Number. In this how to update the details for Functional Location Check Box ?

While proceeding through Location Tab > Create Button > Address details are populating from the higher hierarchy. But in this case, we have to run again for the huge data to update.

Looking for some standard way or configuration to maintain the address details migrating from higher hierarchy.

Hope to get the update.

Regards,

Sahu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajaya,

I am not sure, what is the exact problem you are having.

As of my experience, we never maintain Address data in any functional location, i have around 150 functional locations, so to update the Address data, i changed the top level superior functionals, it changed the remaining 149 functional location on save.

Also when i try to update the address by clicking on the icon create / change (next to address data) system will propose whether you want to inherit the data from Superior functional location.

If you are running an LSMW, i guess you need to capture to update the address data.

Regards

Terence

0 Kudos

Hello,

just to note: addresses in functional locations are useful, when CS module is implemented and each location is tied to a customer. Then the planner can track where the technical objects are.

BR,

Sergey

ajaya_sahu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Terence,

I have simulated the case and if the Functional locations are created with proper hierarchy (correctly in each level), data is migrating properly. In our case, levels are not maintained properly, hence the issue. Also when I see the details Edit > Data origin list, Maintained individually is updated against the address number. Probably, if address number is updated against Functional location check box, seems to be ok. Is there any idea, how to update the check box against Functional Location.

Regards,

Ajaya

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajaya,

Try to do LSMW recording, i guess you can capture the check to inherit from superior functional location, since when you check the Create / Change icon in address, this will propose how you want to inherit the data.

Regards

Terence

ajaya_sahu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Terence. The objective of updating address in functional location is to populate the delivery address in Work Order / Purchase Requisition / Purchase Order. I have checked the access sequence config. PM &CS > Functions for settings for Order Types > Define access sequence for address data ; we have already maintained the address in the sequence 1, 2, 3 , 4 & 5. There is a statement in Performance Assistant where it is stated "For Purchasing the plant address can be used by default as the delivery address , any idea where to update the Plant Address !

Advance thanks for the update.

Thanks,

Sahu

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajaya,

Check in OX10 for plant address and OX02 for company code address.

I suggest you to contact MM Consultant for the same, also you can open a new thread in MM area.

Regards

Terence

ajaya_sahu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Terence for the details, we have already maintained the address at Plant Level but it is not copying to Work Order (Component Tab Footer > Delivery address) / PR & PO. Looks like only option to update through LSMW  / BDC,  the address data of Functional Location.

Regards,

Sahu

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajaya,

In my system, i am getting the address from plant (OX10) to PR and PO, i guess this should work.

I dont think the address will be picked from functional location, it should pick from plant. This will not be related to PM, related to MM...

Regards

Terence

0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason can also be lock table overflow. When a functional location at the highest level is changed, the changes are forwarded all the way down the hierarchy. To change the object, the program needs to lock it and if there are too many functional locations and equipments, you can get a lock table overflow. Have a look here for details

Reward, if useful.

BR,

Sergey

0 Kudos

Hello Ajaya,

If you don't use any custom developments, it is very strange. The hierarchical data transfer should work. Try to use transaction IL06 - Data transfer from functional location and see if the data are transferred.

You can use this transaction to perform a hierarchical data transfer. Data changes at a higher hierarchical level are automatically transferred to the objects maintained at the lower level of the hierarchy.

BR,

Sergey