Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info structure selection filed description change and regenerate

Sanjitbhattacha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question related to info structure. We have some customized info structure, now we want to change the field description of that selection
screen. I want to know after change the description of the selection screen,what could be the impact in to the system.

Hare in info structure S722 if we change the Brand as Sub brand then regenerate it in mc22 again what will be the impact in to the system.

This brand is coming from product hierarchy in material master.Product hierarchy we have four levels category,sub category,brand and sub brand.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I bet it's not a standard field, so why not ask an ABAPer to look into making a change in the data element in dictionary? No need to regenerate anything.

Sanjitbhattacha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Thanks for your reply,We have changed it in dictionary but if we donot re generate it in to those customized info strucure then that filed description is not changing.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Description is linked to the data element. It's not stored with the tables (info structure is still just a table). When you run SE11 and display a table the transaction would look at the data element and pull the description from there. So I find it hard to believe that you changed the description in dictionary and in the same environment you somehow see a different description in SE11 when viewing a table that is using the said data element. That would seem like a bug to me.