cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong data insertion into SAP MDM table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a problem with wrong data insertion into SAP MDM table during multiple record creation at the same time.

Example.

Form A which has three fields ex. a=Material Number, b=Material Name and c=Material Description. User submits this form to create a material. Problem happens when this form has been submitted by multiple users(say.3 users) almost at the same time.

Table - MaterialMain(main SAP MDM table) which has three columns (a=Material Number, b=Material Name, c= Material Description).

Another table MaterialName which is lookup table which consists of say 5 records.

Mat1

Mat2

Mat3

Mat4

Mat5

Time 10:05:00 hrs.

user1 Submits the Form A.

Form data - a=1001,b=Mat1,c=Material 1 Desc

Time 10:05:00 hrs.

user2 Submits the Form A.

Form data - a=1003,b=Mat3,c=Material 3 Desc

Time 10:05:01 hrs.

user3 Submits the Form A.

Form data - a=1005,b=Mat5,c=Material 5 Desc.

Now data insertion done in SAP MDM table MaterialMain.

a                b                   c

1001         Mat1       Material 1 Desc

1003         Mat2       Material 3 Desc

1005         Mat5       Material 5 Desc

So if you notice the above records in the table you can see in the second record b column takes the value Mat2 instead of Mat3.

For your reference, the form has been designed in WebDynpro Java and workflow has been done through Guided Procedure(GP). MDM7.1 is used here.After submission of the form we found the workflow items data in GP were also same as the form fields.

The data got changed just right before getting entered into the MDM table.

Please let me know what is the problem here? Is there any parameters setting should be configured at MDM end?

Thanks,

Raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

The issue you describe is - as Ravi already pointed out - likely to be caused by a mixup of records-ids. This happens most of the time when checking records out in workflows, especially when you check out (and check in) records multiple times in your GPs?

The reason for this is that MDM assigns an available record-id to a checked-out record.

In case you have a record with id=1 and you check it out, the checked-out record will have id=2. Let's assume this record is checked in (by your GP), record id=2 will become available. Your GP is however not finished yet and it will continue to run. In the meanwhile, another GP is started and a new record is created. This record will get the just freed up record id=2. At this moment, you have two GPs pointing to the same record-id. Data from the GP1 will be stored on the record created by GP2.

I'd recommend to check your GP and make sure that your record-ids are updated every time you perform a check-in/out.

Good luck,

Gerwin Jansen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Kindly analyse the records on the basis of record id values of individual records.It may hold the reason for mixing up of the record data.

Please come back with findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nothing to do with mdm

check you gp stuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

GP is working well as I said before I have checked all the processes in NWA and it seems the processes hold the data in the output context are exactly same as form data.

Once data entered into the MDM table it takes wrong value which is a random value taken from the lookup table.

Is there any configuration needed in mds.ini file?

Thanks,

Avik

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you find any pattern for the glitch?