cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas - Runs so Slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I works with Personas 2.0 and We have seen that screen personas works so slow..., my cuestion is about silverlight if requires more memory because we can't rise more than 50 MB or how we can make it works more faster?

Thanks you So Much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In addition to the above posts, the next support package (SP3) for SAP Screen Personas 2.0 is expected to bring significant performance improvements with the so-called "slim state". This will reduce the data being transferred between the Personas client and the backend. The result will be better response time, especially if the screen has large tables which are usually causing performance problems.

It is important to mention that "slim state" will require the most recent kernel patch to work so if you are planning to take advantage of it, you must prepare for the kernel patch as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! Thanks you! and install Personas 3.0 ??

we have revisated the guide Optimizing Performance in SAP Screen Personas. but all parameters are set correctly.

I think as he said Steve may be the transation SMEN i have 3 flavors with a lot of scripts and transactions accordingly runs so slow...

SMEN = Sales, Purchases and stocks

individually the transactions not delay so much....

Thanks so much

former_member189842
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

SAP screen personas is architecturally an add on on top of the SAP web GUI. So check if your transactions performance in Web GUI first. If it is of comparable performance with regular SAP gui and only personas is performing inferior, then you have a problem. then follow the performance guide suggested by Steve above. 

Normally as suggested by peter in this blog, expect some kind of lower performance for web GUI (and thus personas) at this moment. This will surely improve over the time though.  

Thanks,

Bhaskar

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's a performance optimisation guide for Personas mentioned in this blog - . Check through everything in there. If you still have performance issues after that, come back with more details, including transactions and what response times you are getting.

Silverlight memory allocation won't be the cause. It will most likely be something in your SAP system.

Steve.