Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write Permissions to Network - FUNCTION 'GUI_DOWNLOAD'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I use FUNCTION 'GUI_DOWNLOAD' to transfers files out to my c drive. This works just fine.

Now I need to save these files to an area of my network that I have access to. When I try this I get a permission denied error.

My AD account has full access rights to the destination folder on the network and I can browse to and create files in the destination in Windows explorer. Does SAP use a particular user account to write files from within the GUI or does it use my logged in Windows User account?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3

former_member306787
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

SAP doesn't use your Windows user account, but rather an OS user.

I believe it starts with 'SAPService' and followed by the SID.

This user must have access rights to your networkfolder.

Best regards,

Zhou

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lain,

Just look through this thread, seems after you map the network folder to local device, then it could work.

it's wrong: \\192.168.0.221\shared_folder\file

it's correct:  N:\file  (where N is the shared folder \\192.168.0.221\shared_folder\)

regards,

Archer

0 Kudos

Hi Archer,

I've been there and done that a while ago. Mapping the network folder to a local drive didn't do the trick because the authorization on the network folder was not setup for the SAP service user ('SAPService<SID>').

You should contact the system admin for granting access to the network location for the SAP service user. Your own Windows user will not work when using GUI_DOWNLOAD.

Best regards,

Zhou