cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency in standard SAP Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Where can I find the currency translation settings for standard SAP reports (From Database currency to List Currency)? While I am executing one of the reports, I am finding that the system is translating the currency and displaying the output.

Where can I find these settings?

Regards

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

The characteristic elements that we have opted are Overall in CAC only.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

What currency do you want the report to be displayed in? GBP or USD.

Looks like someone defined the currency conversion using the option in the report output and saved it. You can undo it by going to Settings - Undo - Currency. This will display the report in the original currency. In your case GBP i suppose. Then go to Report - Save Definition. This will ensure that the next time you run this report it will always display the figures in the original currency.

Once you are done doing this, compare it with the other systems. All the systems should look identical.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Gokul

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

gerry_hodgins
Active Participant

Hello Varun R

Some  Reports such as S_ALR_87013019 are based on reporting table "RWCOOM".
The special design of this reporting table is that it does not use the "report currency"
to from reporting table "CCSS".

As a consequence this "report currency" cannot be used in reports using RWCOOM.
If you check the report definition of report S_ALR_87013019 or toher S_ALR*
in transaction GRR3 (library 6O2, report 6OBU-001)  you see that the characteristic
"currency type" with value "20" is used in the general data selection.

This leads to the behaviour of the system always to display the values in controlling area currency.
Even if you set RPO0 to a different currency this has no influence as the report definition in this case is "hard coded".

In order now to have the values displayed in another currency (such as object currency) please copy this report into customer space and change the general data selection on characteristic "currency type" from "20" to "10".

Afterwards you should be able to display the values in object currency.#

I hope this helps

Ger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokulkrishnan Pillai,

You are 100 % perfect on the spot. Thanks for helping me out. Issue Closed.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In one of the systems , it is appearing like this where the values present in s_alr_8701**** report is getting translated from GBP to USD. So what I am looking at where are these settings stored and from where are these picked up?

However in all other systems, if I look at the same setting, I find this :

Kindly advise.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Please check the report painter form settings in CJE5/CJE2 whether it is Over all CAC or Total OC.

Goto CJE5/CJE2

open report form

check in Characteristic Element, for what u have opted.

And as u explained I think it is Over all in CAC. if you have selected Total in OC.

Screen would come like

Because in Overall CAC system picks controlling area currency.

Regards,

Varun Maheshwari

former_member188063
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

As suggested by Maria look at the values in table RPSC0. Standard report should pull the values from RPSCO table. Also, look at  SAP note 121300 it may be helpful in resolving your issue.

Regards,

Sudhakar*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Any help regarding this?

Regards

Varun

former_member341917
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding you r looking for other currencies other than Database currency. if i am right below is the solution.

in any report you will see a $ with 100 written symbol or enter Ctrl+shift+F4 a popup window will appear there you can select the currency of your choice.

hope this will solve your query.

Regards

Avinash Kusam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kusam,

I have already tried using Ctrl+shift+F4 and I understand that we can provide the currency of our choice to view the report . However what the system is currently doing is translating the database currency to list currency and then displaying the values. Where is this setting found?

This is happening for one specific report. Can I track these settings?

Regards

Varun

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Is the report is standard or custom ?

If standard provide us the transaction code, if this is S_ALR_* check the form in report painter.

In custom, check the values which was picked from COSS/COSP / RPSCO table.

Let me know if you are not looking for this information.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I was referring to a standard transaction code only. I have checked the form in report painter also. Can you help me with the specific settings in report painter that I need to look at?

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the tcode for the report?

Open the form for the report in CJE5 and double click on the column heading.

Check the key figure definition i.e. the currency. Is it Overall in CAC or Totals in OC or something else.

Hope this helps.