cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date field format in the Flat file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have flat file fields like calday.While uploading can i fill the date with dd.mm.yyyy format.Please suggest does i need to fill any routine option as BI source format(Internal) like RSDAT.Please suggest it.

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If i understand your question correctly then you want to enter the date in the format dd.mm.yyyy while uploading the data from flat file.

Yes you can enter the date in the above format in the flat file and load the data.For this in datasource against the calday infoobject you need to select the format as External (by default it is internal).

Give it a try and see if this works or not.

Regards,

AL

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Use conversion exit "PDATE" and this will work with the format dd.mm.yyyy.

Thanks,

Shakthi Raj Natarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all,

By taking format as external and Conv. Routines as RSDAT,i could able load it in the dd.mm.yyyy format successfully.

Regards,

Venkat.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in flat file you need to use date format as YYYYMMDD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raman,Anshu,

I can able to upload the data with format of YYYYMMDD with out any issues and i could able to load data.But i am trying to upload the data in the DD.MM.YYYY format.Please suggest does any routine will help to upload the date in the above format.

Regards,

Venkat

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have given you a way to load the date in the format as you want.Did you try it ?

Regards,

AL

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Routine may not be needed.

As stated by AL, at data source level(RSA1-->data source, fields tab) you can change their format.

Lets try to load data to psa.

if you got any error let us know here.