cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost center is not picked during asset acquisition

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am acquiring asset, cost center is maintained in asset master, APC account has cost element 90, field status of apc GL is okay, but why system is not picking cost center during acquisition. I have also checked ACSET, KOSTL is maintained for APC and Depreciation.

Your reply would be appreciated.

Regards

Zaffar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you provide a screen shot of asset that does not pick cost center as you say? .. you mentioned in your question that you created an asset and maintain a cost center in the asset master in Dependent tab.. so what is the cost center you mean that the asset is not picking them up during the acquisition ?

Regards

Mahmoud El Nady

muhammad_yousufali
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mahmoud,

I am running into same error. Could you please let me know why is it happening?

Regards

Muhammad Yousuf

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yousuf,

System won't default the cost centre while you posting acquisition. Even though you maintain field status as optional. This is SAP standard behaviour. Even you try to define substitution for default the cost centre, system will throw error message. However, I want to know why you want cost centre for acquisition posting.

Regards,

Mukthar

muhammad_yousufali
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mukhtar,

I wanted to allocate from one cost center to another, when i am opening Asset doc, i mean a controlling doc, then system is not showing cost object in it, i was wondering why????

Thanks for your reply.

Regards

Muhammad Yousuf Ali

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It won't generate controlling document for asset acquisitions, even though the asset recon.account has created a cost element. If you want to change the cost centre for the asset, then you can do it. But if it has posted depreciation for the old cost centre, then you can do depreciation posting whether from FI side i.e. cost centre to cost centre or in controlling itself.

Regards,

Mukthar

muhammad_yousufali
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mukhtar,

Thanks for the logical answer.

Regards

Muhammad Yousuf

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yousuf,

If your issue is resolved, then close it.

Regards,

Mukthar

muhammad_yousufali
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mukhtiar sir,

Yes, issue was resolved.

Thanks

Regards

Muhammad Yousuf