cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last name mandatory in Contact person VAP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

During creation of contact person through VAP1 last name of contact person is mandatory. My client requirement is only to make last name as optional entry.

I searched it on scn but didn't found any solution. Kindly suggest for any standarad configuration or any user exit name for the same.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could open an incident with SAP. If this affects the whole country then at least there should be some workaround.

If you check "where used" for the error message you can see that the code is pretty straightforward:

IF KNVK-NAME1 = SPACE.

MESSAGE E680.

ENDIF.

This does not appear to be customizable in any way.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have never seen any settings or anything to control this field. I think this is the field which SAP has made mandatory in standard coding and we can't change it even with screen variant. There are certain fields that SAP doesn't allow to change like material description in MM02.

What you can do is use this field and save it with some value by default by using screen variant with content feature. Convince your client logically that how could be a contact person exist without name? Did you ask this from client?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I tried to convince to client but they told me that we have only first name for every contact person. In some place of india only first name is enough.

Kindly suggest

Regards,

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then Change the Description of fields. Make Last name field first name and first name to last name. We can do this in CMOD by clicking go to > Text enhancement > Keywords > Change. Give data element AD_NAMELAS here which we can see by F1 technical details.

This is a workaround to satisfy this kind of client otherwise you can simply put . in last name and in format you will see name like this "Moazzam."

Thank$

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.