cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deallocation, if UD valuation is rejected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I have got a requirement where automatic de-allocation is needed based on usage decision. Its goes like,

• A batch is produced against an order (which earlier created with ref to sales order) and therefore when this batch when comes into quality, it is already a sales order stock.
  • User will inspect and based on result, it will give the decision. If there is any inconsistency, user will reject the inspection lot and at this time they also want to deallocate this batch from the sales order.

I looked upon follow up actions but couldn't find anything which relates to above requirement. We use 04 inspection type. How can we deallocate the batch if the UD valuation is rejected?

Regards,

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do have another view here. I do understand that you want your MTO stock (or sales stock) to get deallocated from the SO as soon as you reject the inspection lot.

What I can suggest is to use the follow up action for that specific UD code. Into that follow up action, assign a Function module which will basically run the 411 E movement. You need to consult  ABAP help on writing that FM.

Once you put the UD code 'R', it will trigger the associated follow up action which in turn, make the 411 E movement and hence, you get the stock deallocated from Sale order.

This should help.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin, Thanks for your good response as it seems a better approach to me. If it happens in this manner, then it can surely solve my problem. I'll check with my technical team and revert. Just curious about one more thing. How can I assign the FM to follow up action? I am not able to find a provision.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its more of a configuration setting. Follow the path

QCC0> Quality Inspection> Inspection lot completion> Define Follow up action. Here you need to insert a new Follow up action and give a suitable description. Into this, assign the Function module.

Once done, you'd further need to assign this to respective UD code via QS51. Hope you know that well.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin, I found it. I've got one solution and another doubt for this requirement so will have to work around with technical team and also the PP team.

Thank you both and I will keep you updated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin, Your suggestion is working. Our technical team wrote the logic and we are able to deallocate the sales stock from order. This is currently into development server and will be implemented after testing all possibilities. Since there is another requirement coming to change the posting storage location as well using follow up action so I am thinking to work over similar logic to meet this requirement. If something comes up later, I'll use this forum again. Thanks for all the help!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Well, the functionality you are trying to achieve here in QM is basically a PP functionality, which is active at plant level..!! To exclude 'blocked stock' form MRP, I think you can unflag the same form Tx - OPPI, as this is explained quite well in the attached thread - . Please see the feedback form Dogboy 49 and take clues form it.

Thanks to the original contributors of the attached thread.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arijit, Thanks for your prompt response but it seems you kind of misunderstood my issue. I am not seeking assistance for MRP check. My requirement is to deallocate the batch from sales order after the UD is rejected. This is required so that any rejected batch can be reviewed later on and to avoid any delivery for the batch. I hope I could explain it better this time.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

I think the problem will not limited to that much we have discussed. I think you will have to consider the impact on the existing Sales order relevant reservation too in RESB table, which MRP job is responsible to fix.

Once you de-consider the blocked materials form MRP calculation in OPPI, then it becomes easy for MRP to rethink, and help the Sales order to have new reservation linked to new MRP element like planned order, etc.

Once the Blocked material is not considered further in MRP, then you are free to rework, use MvT 349 to create logistic inspection lot 08, and take UD = A or R like standard Rework process, and then this stock will be available as Make to Stock (M2S). Till the time this material will be in blocked stock, you will not create deliveries further and I think system will block you too form doing so.

Please can you test this process and confirm.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arijit, I got your point and I will need to check it with PP team as I am more into QM. All I can say now that once the batch is removed from SO and converted to general stock, it will either be allocated to different SO or will be taken for general sale. Since this is finished product and will not be considered for planning anymore but I like your point of thinking over replacement of the actual removed SO batch. I will check with PP team and revert.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Thanks for your feedback. Just to add one more point here. As soon as the blocked material is de-considered form MRP (like I explained) or material link is removed form SO (valid approach Nitin explained), the next MRP run at plant will get the impact and it will have to fix this open requirement, whatever may be the approach you pick here to clear the link.

So, I will suggest you to speak to your PP team member and then decide on the approach after appropriate testing.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arijit, I spoke to PP team and there is nothing like you were saying. I think you are misunderstanding my issue. There is no blocking stock and user will only deallocate it from sales stock and post to unrestricted usage only. Once this is free, it will be later reviewed or manually allocated to other order. Since this is finished product, it will not impact that much in terms of MRP. Concerned team monitors the pending order frequently and they will ensure to look after delivered quantity of each and every order. Thank you for all the help!