cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu "Script Recording and Playback..." randomly greyed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

The menu "Script Recording and Playback..." randomly grey out and we could not find the reason for a long time.

Usually when it happened, we entered into menu "SAP GUI Options - CDE" and check (or uncheck) the boxes of "Interaction Design" and "Accessibility & Scripting" (see attached screenshots). If lucky enough, the menu "Script Recording and Playback..." will turn black.

If it still does not turn black, we usually have to reboot the computer several times and if lucky, it will turn black.

Has anyone come across this similar issue and could you share your solutions please? Thank you in advance.  

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Harel
Explorer

Hi Kai,

Try to go to Transaction RZ11.

Enter Param.Name: sapgui/user_scripting

Click on 'Display' button.

After that click on 'Change Value' button'.

In the 'New value' filed Enter 'True' and save it.

connect again to your system and it will be available.

Regards

Harel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harel,

Thanks a lot and it seems a very creative solution. And I will try it out soon and test whether it will solve the problem once and forever.

thanks~

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having this same issue. On all of the SAP session windows (except the first one), the option to "Script Recording and Playback" is greyed out. Please help?

holger_khn
Contributor
0 Kudos

Script recording and Playback Dialog can only started once. So if this Dialog is called you won´t be able to have a second instance.

Why you will open it in another session?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it can be started multiple times. This function has been working for me in the past several times. The function stopped working when I switched laptops. We are thinking that it has to due with the SAP version... we are still investigating?

Opening the "Script Recording and Playback" on each SAP window allows me run multiple scripts at once ... in order to save time.

holger_khn
Contributor
0 Kudos

When I have started script recording and playback in one session this is greyed out in all other sessions. So this is not possible for me either.

I run my scripts from Excel VBA and have some functions to Loop over all open sessions (which are not busy) and Scripting is enabled.

When I want to run parallel scripts I open an new Excel Instance -> open my SAP Scripting workbook in there and select an non-busy session in the right System.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am interested in the call/select the "Available SAP Session's"

I have not seen that dialog box. Is that a macro to view the available sessions?

holger_khn
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I have developed an standard macro-enabled Excel template which I enhance with required coding from script recording.

In the document section of htis Forum I have placed an guidance how to rebuild this template. It Looks more difficult then it is in real life. As most of this coding is just the required Framework for script recording coding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could someone help me out of this issue? It is really disturbing and we have failed to solve it for many methods. Thanks so much ~~

script_man
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

Please check the setting in the Logon Pad with respect to the speed of the connection.

You can also see the following link: https://support.winshuttle.com/hc/en-us/articles/200040259-GUI-Scripting-Network-Speed-Settings-scri...

Regards,

ScriptMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your help. But after having tried that method, it was still not working all the time.