cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Training courses for Crystal Reports

0 Kudos

I am currently in marketing but I am looking to switch careers. I got a job at a logistics company and they require me to learn Crystal Reports. I am a quick learner but know nothing about Crystal Reports, databases, or anything similar.

How easy will it be to learn Crystal Reports for someone with no previous knowledge?

They have offered to pay a training course. Do you have a recommendation for a beginners course for me to take?

I am also open to taking a in-class course and I am located in Toronto. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the question.. it depends a little bit on what you need to learn and how much detail you need to get to, but you could certainly learn Crystal Reports with little or no previous experience.

A really good course I could suggest would be the Fundamentals of Report Design e-leaning course.  You can see full details here:

https://training.sap.com/shop/course/boc315-sap-crystal-reports--fundamentals-of-report-design-e-lea...

This will help you create reports, organise data, export reports etc.  If you need to learn more, there are more detailed follow up courses available.  This course is also available as a classroom course although I can't see anything in Toronto, simply search for BOC310 once on the website above.

Many thanks

Rob

0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

Thank you. I will check this out.

Would you say that training.sap.com is the best way for me to learn Crystal Reports and to ignore other training sites like Lynda.com or PluralSight.com.

The cost for this course is course fee of $455 compared to Lynda.com which is only $37.50 for a membership.

Cheers!

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

Thanks for getting back to me.

SAP Education can only recommend training that is delivered either by ourselves or an Authorised Education Partner (AEP).  I have checked and neither Lynda.com or Pluralsight are an AEP.  Therefore I really can't comment on the quality or otherwise of training offered by them.

What I can say is the training offered by SAP is developed alongside the teams who created the software and the quality of courses offered by SAP Education is high.  It does depend on exactly what you need to do with Crystal Reports, our course although a Fundamentals course is two days worth of content, so it is very comprehensive.

For further information, it's probably worth contacting the Education office in North America on education.northamerica@sap.com

Kind regards

Rob