Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch based pricing

sharad_chauhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My client being a pharma company has a batch based pricing. We have suggested for batch determination during delivery creation as batch split is required.

My questions are:

Each batch can have its own specific price. If that batch is being used in sales process then the corresponding batch price should get copied. However, since batch determination happens in delivery the batch price will reflect only during invoice creation.

1. How to use batch-specific price in the order/invoice ? Even if I create a new batch characteristic as PRICE, how to ensure that gets determined in the order/invoice ? [I don't want to use SD condition records for each batch as that would mean creating many records and a lot of daily work for the client].

2. I have a credit check implemented at PGI. So if suppose batch determined during delivery has an increased price that should result in credit check fail, then will the system do the credit block automatically ? Or do we need to update some field manually.

3. In case of batch split during delivery, each batch can have its own price and the corresponding items should get billed with that price only.

Appreciate if you could help here.

Thanks

Shed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sharad_chauhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

Maintaining condition records for each batch will be a very tedious task as there can be many matches generating every day and the number will keep on growing.

In our organization batch nos. will be created in sequence with just the first two digits representing the year. Somewhere I read that batch characteristics can be used to store MRP (price) for each batch. But how to actually get that price into invoice. Do we have any standard way or some z-development has to be done. Also since batches will be determined in delivery and credit check will happen at PGI, so we also need to update the credit exposure at the time of PGI.

Appreciate if you can let me know the standard process of achieving this; or the user-exit to be used here.

Thanks

Sharad

deep_khanra
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sharad,

I I dint work for Batch wise pricing but though would like share idea for this requiremnt.... is there any possibilties to maintain Condition record for all batches then you can create condition table with batches and all reuire field then maintain price..

Thanks

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad,

In one of my clients (FMCG), we activated the batch-based pricing. We have batch numbers (Alpha-numeric-8-digits)which are concatenation of Price Lot + Month (A-January, B- February etc. based on when it is created) + Year etc...

We maintained the condition records based on Price lot with other parameters (like Sales Organization etc.). At this point, I would like to ask how batch numbers in your organizations are created?

We also used credit management at Delivery level for the obvious reason you mentioned using user-exit.

Regards

SD