cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum number of characters in a field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here i have a situation, where i can receive a maximum of 4000 characters in a single field of Mapping in XI...so i have question that, what is the max number of characters that XI can have in a single field...

Thanks

Amaresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The max field size is more likely dependent on the max message size ABAP can handle. At one time, on an older release of XI, the max size is 1 GB. I believe this limitation has been corrected.

However, we must also remember that the memory on the hardware and the java heap also limits the size of a message.

Regards,

Bill

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Thanks for the quick replay, but my quesiton is this 1GB message is for response of one single field...is that correct..

i explain in a simple way i have a situation here

X field is mapped to Y and its a synchronous call and Y can send a message of max 4000 characters.... like description is this can be done in XI,...if so what is the max size till we can send in a single field in a mapping...

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no set max limit for a field, but the complete message (which contains the field) is dictated by ABAP, the physical hardware and java heap.

So,using 1GB as an example of the max message size, then the size of the field is 1GB minus the number of bytes of all the rest of the message.

Regards,

Bill