Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Managed Database Procedures (AMDP) example support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

i am learning Managed Database Procedures (AMDP), and i found a good example for it.

se38: DEMO_AMDP, when i tested it ,i met ABAP dump as below.

Object

CL_DEMO_AMDP=>INCREASE_PRICE

could not be found.

i debugged the program and found the dump area.

Class/Interface      CL_AMDP_RUNTIME

-->Method     CREATE_DB_OBJECTS_AT_RUNTIME

line 45 .

" Check version of procedure stub
    select single * from d010dbobj connection (if_amdp_base~co_conn_amdp_sync)
      into ls_procedure
      where abap_progname = im_cp_incl_name
        and dbobj_kind    = if_amdp_base=>co_dbobj_kind_procedure
        and dbobj_name    = im_db_proc_name.
    if sy-subrc <> 0.

rabax_object_not_found(
        exporting im_dbproc_curr_name = im_db_proc_name ).

system will check the DBOBJ_NAME in table d010dbobj, it seem i need register or do some configuration , let the table has item of 'CL_DEMO_AMDP=>INCREASE_PRICE' .

so could you please help to tell me where can i do the configuration for the testing ? many thanks for that.

Sun

3 REPLIES 3

horst_keller
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Now that´s interesting ...

The example is one of many examples for AMDP in the example library. Of course it should work.

You must be on a HANA database and you must have the privileges described under SQLScript for the HANA Database.

That´s normally all ...

0 Kudos

Hi Keller,

many thanks for your reply.

i guess the reason is that our HANA system upgrated recently, for the Demo Class  CL_DEMO_AMDP,there is no record be registered in table  'd010dbobj'. but for the new class which i created manully, i found table  'd010dbobj' has data realted my new class. so the new class works well .

although i don't know the reason but it is not a big problem, if i want to use the Demo Class,i can copy them to a new one.

thanks again.

Sun

horst_keller
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since those are ABAP managed procedures, they must be independent from the HANA version.

It seems that you run into a ABAP kernel bug that was corrected with SAP note 2091913.

In that case, you can also re-generate the demo class in the class builder and it should be fine, no need to copy the classes.

Horst

Message was edited by: Horst Keller