cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOAD_VERSION_LOST dump occurs while SGEN?

farkathulla_cikkanther
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I have upgraded our kernel version from 720 to 721, while running sgen 2 dumps were occurred which are Load_version_lost.

Is this dump is severe error?

As of the note 672268 - Runtime error LOAD_VERSION_LOST, i can understand that this is not severe error. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Do i need to regenerate Sgen for this dump or not required?

Do we need to run sgen for kernel migration?

Please find the dump file in attachment.

Regards,

Farkath C

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farkathulla,

You are receiving the dump because the program buffer of the system is containing the old format of the subprogram whereas the database has the new one.

In this case , after the completion of sgen you need to run the transaction /$sync in the system.

It will reset all the buffer in the system

For better understanding you need to follow the below sapnotes

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/354272

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1259546

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

farkathulla_cikkanther
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashutosh Chaturvedi,

So after the sgen just i need to run the transaction /$sync is enough ? or we need to restart the server?

For kernel upgradation do we need to run sgen ? is it necessary?

Regards,

Farkath C

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Read the point 11 provided in the SAP KBA 1989778 - FAQ: SGEN

Why short dump LOAD_VERSION_LOST occurs during SGEN execution?

If an ABAP program load is displaced from the program buffer while it is being used, this program load has to be reloaded into buffer. the system checks whether the old and the new program load match. If the program has been regenerated and the new load does not match the old load, the application terminates and the short dump LOAD_VERSION_LOST occurs. SAP Note 1259546 and 672268 explain the short dump in detail. SAP Note 5451 explains how to avoid dump LOAD_PROGRAM_LOST.

Cheers

RB

farkathulla_cikkanther
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks RB,

Please answer the below question.

Is it every time we need to run sgen for kernel upgradation ?

Regards,

Farkath C

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farkathulla,

Is it every time we need to run sgen for kernel upgradation ?

No it's not required to run SGEN after kernel upgrade,as it's not related to ABAP load generation.Required to run in case of, if you feels system is going on with slow executions or after SP upgrade or after new installations.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Gaurav

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farkath

Yes, You have to run the SGEN when any kernel version changes. if possible do the full restart and then try again. and also you can refer the SAP FAQ 11 KBA 1989778 - FAQ: SGEN

BR

SS

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farkathulla,

-  No its not required to run sgen after kernel patching unless its a release change.

-  run /$sync command after sgen has completed

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

SGEN is required when you do an SP update, EHP update, system upgrade, R3load based system copies and when there is a change in the SAP kernel release (Eg: 7.00 to 7.20).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please read the SAP Note 1989778 - FAQ: SGEN ( As suggested in the previous posts )

When should I run SGEN?

SGEN is designed for large-scale program generations. You can consider to use SGEN in following scenarios. SAP Note 438038 and 162991 explains other generation tools. Please note that not every kernel update requires re-generation. you can find detail informaiton in SAP Note 1259546 and 672268.

New system installation and heterogeneous system copy

Kernel update

system update with SPAM/Saint

system update/upgrade with SUM

Importing transport Request

Thanks ,

Manu