cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating R/3 vendors using ROS information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody!

We are configuring ROS and we pop up with a question.

When a new guy uses the self-registration page, we are able to create a new vendor in SRM. The problem is that vendor has to be linked to an pre-existing vendor in R/3...

How is that vendor supposed to be created in R/3?

Are we supposed to create it by hand? Are we suppose to develop an interface that automatically creates the vendors in R/3?

By the way, we have the following configurations:

SRM 5.0

SRM_PLUS 550 0006 SAPKIBK006 SRM_PLUS for mySAP SRM

SRM_SERVER 550 0006 SAPKIBKT06 SRM_SERVER

R/3 5.0

Classic scenario

Thanks

Gabriel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

I want to ask you if you solved this issue? If yes, how?

If no, what's your current status?

Probably i will need to build this kind of logic... Thanks.

Regards,

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

I haven´t got to solve the issue yet.

The problem is that the information needed to create a vendor in R/3 is much more than it is available through SRM. So it is gonna be hard to automatically create the vendor in R3.

We don't know what are we going to do about it. If get to something, please, also let me know!

Greetings

Gabriel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabreil,

We are in the design phase for the similar scenario "Transfer Approved Business Partner from ROS to SAP ECC 6 EHP6". We will be using SRM 702, Ecc 6 EHP 6, With ROS and Without SUS , and classic mode.

My requirement is to build the workflow for approval of BPs in ROS.

Create VMR in SAP ECC system, when a vendor is transferred to SAP ECC.

Please let me know if there is any thing required.

Thank,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You just need to create a custom workflow for the event BUSINESS PARTNER SAVED.i.e. When the Business partner for the external vendor is converted to vendor in trascn "MANAGE BUSINESS PARTNER" and SAVED,then the workflow should be triggered wherein you can create a vendor (for the same business partner in SRM) in R/3.

If you need any further help,let me know.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thanks for the answer.

The problem with the workflow approach is that in order to save the vendor in SRM I need the R/3 vendor number (I think this is standard, rigth?).

So it is not enough to have the workflow triggered after the vendor is saved, because we need to have the R/3 vendor already created.

Let me expand on the issue:

1- I want to use ROS to gather information about existing vendors and new external vendors.

2 - As far as now, I am not concerned about existing vendors. I will treat them later.

3 - Abut new external vendors, we have to transform them to vendors.

3a - While transforming them, we are required to enter the vendor id in R/3.

3b- As this is a new vendor, there is no vendor id in R/3.

How are we supposed to continue???

How is this issue usually handled?

By standards, How ROS is supposed to communicate with R/3? What kind of communication and integration are they supposed to have?

Thanks!

Gabriel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You didnt understand my reply.Let me explain...

The worklfow approach is only for those EXTERNAL vendors who regsiter themselves through ROS in SRM.After they regsiter in ROS,they will be accepted/rejected as prospects in ROS.If accepted,they will be then trasnferred to the EBP client.In EBP client,in MANAGE BUSINESS PARTNERS trascn with the BP id for the prospect they will be enhanced with the function VENDOR and will be saved .On this event,the WF will be triggered wherein the vendor will be created with the same ID in R/3(RFC enabled FM ).

As far as the Already present vendors in R/3 are concerned,they will be brought into SRM through BBPGETVD trascn.

Hope this is clear.At our place we are following this approach and its working fine.

BR,

Disha.

P.S. Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha!

I am sorry but still don't understand.

1 - I enhace the prospect with the vendor functionality.

2 - Before saving, there is a field expecting the R/3 vendor number. <b>I am supposed to leave this empty??</b>

3 - When saving, the workflow will create the R/3 vendor and <b>complete the missing field???</b>

Thanks for the answer and for the patience!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.You have to convert the Business partner for the ROS vendor (whcih is now transferred to EBP) to "VENDOR" using the trascn MANAGE BUSINESS PARTNER..

2. While doing so you just need to enter the Vendor Org no from SRM.There is no field for R/3 Vendor no because the Vendor is not yet created in R/3.

3.The Workflow which i am talking about gets triggered when you save the Business partner as a VENDOR in MANAGE BUSINESS PARTNER trasnction.After this the Vendor gets created in R/3 with the same BP no whcih is assigned to him in SRM i.e. If my BP no for EBP business partner (after it gets trasnferred from ROS to EBP) is 400000020 then when i save the BP as a VENDOR in trascn MANAGE BUSINESS PARTNER ,the vendor gets created in R/3 with the same Vendor No "400000020".

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the answer... I will study the case and see what I can do.

I already gave you points for last post.

Thanks

Gabriel