cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after QA11 restricted batch stock splits between plant and sloc

orla_mclean2
Participant
0 Kudos

I have an 8* inspection lot created from a batch to batch transfer (909 mvt type). The material is batch-restricted use but not QI stock. When I make a usage decision to reject there are the usual two “steps”:

1. Select R for reject
  2. Complete stock proposal to move the stock to Blocked.

If I go into QA11 and complete step 1 and save and then go to QA12 and complete step 2 and save, all is fine.  I get a single stock posting of a 344 that is generated after the second step. Stock is blocked.

If I go into QA11 and do both steps and then save, I get 2 stock postings on the one material document:  a 342 (restri to unrest) and a 344 (unres to blocked). The result is odd. If the usage decision is for 3KG, then the result is that I have 3KG in blocked at Plant Level and 3KG in unrestricted at storage location level.

The stock is, as far as I can see, completely unusable as I get “deficit of stock” errors anytime I try to move it or reverse the decisions made.  Has anyone seen this before?  How can I correct this to retrieve the stock?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Orla,

Please can you answer the below points -

a) I still do not understand why you need to go form QA11 to QA12. Do you mean, the Inspection lot linked stock is not moved form Q- stock to Blocked stock automatically?

b) As you also have activated Batch status management too, so the posting proposal should also include the batch status. Means, now stock is posted to 'blocked stock - unrestricted batch', but based on your explanation I think it should be 'blocked stock - restricted batch'.

Please can you use Move the 3KG blocked stock (Unrestricted use) stock to Unrestricted stock (Unrestricted use) and then use MvT 551 and suggest if this is working.

Thanks,

Arijit

orla_mclean2
Participant
0 Kudos

Arijit Banerjee wrote:

Please can you use Move the 3KG blocked stock (Unrestricted use) stock to Unrestricted stock (Unrestricted use)

No I cannot do anything with the 3KG. I get "deficit of stock" if I try to do anything.

a) I still do not understand why you need to go form QA11 to QA12. Do you mean, the

Inspection lot linked stock is not moved form Q-stock to Blocked stock automatically?

If I do it this way, the system behaves correctly.

If I do both steps (pick R and click "Proposal" to trigger the stock posting) and then save, MARD and MCHB show the stock differently.  I think this is why note 1935699 was released.

So I think I can correct the program error with this note so it does not happen again

But how do I fix the stock situation now?

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Orla,

You got the correct note!! (https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-60953).

There seems to be some other notes which may be helpful here -

1. 48815   - Checking possible inconsistencies between MM and QM

2. 2047627 - There is no response if users click the pencil icon in report ZQEVAC20 provided by note 48815

3. 174877 - UD: status inconsistency suspected for inspection lot

4. 717622 - Stock: Inconsistencies between MMBE and MD04

Please can you check if note 3 and 4 is helping you to move the blocked stock to unrestricted stock, so that you can use MvT 551 for scrapping form unrestricted stock. Thanks to original contributor Nancy Guo for the document.

Thanks,

Arijit

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee

orla_mclean2
Participant
0 Kudos

Sap note 1935699 should help prevent this happening again. 

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Orla,

Please can you suggest if you have two UD codes like "R" for reject and "Complete stock ..." or ? Batch is "Restricted" or "Unrestricted" is different that stock type "Unrestricted" or "Quality" or "Blocked"..!! So stock for your material can still be moved from Unrestricted Stock to <=> Quality Stock <=> Blocked Stock.

Case 1: Based on your issue description, at the first glance I feel that there is no posting proposal added to the UD = R. Means, when you do this UD, the physical stock posting is not happening, but the document is flagged with UD at header level. Now when you go to QA12 and select 2nd UD code ( I think you have a 2nd UD code too) then a material doc with MvT 344 is created, which is physically moving the materials to blocked stock.

Case 2: Please can you provide further details like how you are doing two things together. When you say that MvT 342 is triggered in QA11, then I believe for your case 1 also this things should have happened (unless there is some hard code blocking it programmatically..)and you need to double check!!

To my understanding, 3KG blocked at Plant level but the same 3KG quantity in 'Unrestricted' at storage location is not a problem. You can still go to MSC2N and flag the batch as "Restricted".

Finally, I think you should work on the 'posting proposal' linked to UD to follow a particular process for batch managed materials with batch status. You can refer the below link for some further understanding:

Thanks,

Arijit

orla_mclean2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arjit

Thank you for your answer.

UD code: I have 1 UD code: R  The posting proposal is: To blocked stock, unrestricted batch status.

I select R and then go to the stock proposal and the stock is moved to blocked.  When I save the UD, the information message comes up "change batch status to unrestricted based on the usage decision".

Or I select R, save, get the information message. Go into QA12 go to stock proposal. Save.

Stock: If I look in MMBE: 3KG showing in the blocked column (not restricted) at plant level and the same 3KG shows in unrestricted column at storage location.  This is a problem because if I try to scrap the stock using MIGO 555, I get a "deficit of BA Blocked stock at sloc" message. However, I can scrap it using MIGO 551!

I am continuing to test.

Regards

Orla

orla_mclean2
Participant
0 Kudos

A correction to my last post: I cannot scrap the stock. 551 shows "deficit of SL unrestricted use". 555 shows "deficit of BA blocked".

MARD shows 3 blocked. MCHB shows 3 unrestricted. How do I realign these?