cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the material group fields coming from in a sales order? From the quotation or material master?

0 Kudos

I created a quotation. Then I changed the Material group fields in the material master. Then I created a sales order with reference to the quotation. I can see that the material group fields are getting copied from the Quotation to sales order lines. Is this right? or should it come from the material master with new values? What is the standard behaviour?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Thanks all ..Understood!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

While creating quotation system picks it from Material Master.Now creating order with reference to quotation it will copy from quotation.

If you want to check after creating quotation change the material group in material master and then create sales order with reference to quotation and your doubt will be clear.

Regs,

DSP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on your copy control between QT to OR where for the item category, there would be a field "Copying requirements".  Normally, 301 routine would be assigned there which means, all item data would be copied from source to target, unless that line item in the source document is not set for Reason for Rejection.  So answering your query, yes it is a standard behaviour

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

existing documents or creating with reference of existing ones are not updated by changes in master material.This is standard behaviour.

Regards,

JM