cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LX12 Excel File Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Firs time posting, so I may have to clarify my question as I go, not sure that the same terminology is used everywhere. So let's have at this thing:

I am trying to export information from LX12 (thats what it is called under the transaction name on my screen at least....it is titled "Transfer Orders: Resident Documents (Detailed View)"). However, whenever I try to do this the usual way, where I would normally go to List/Export/Spreadsheet, the Spreadsheet selection is grayed out and I can only choose "Local File".

If I choose Local File, the following options appear:

• unconverted
  • Text with Tabs
  • Rich Text Format
  • HTML Format
  • In the clipboard

If I choose "In the clipboard", it will let me copy/paste it to an excel spreadsheet, but its not formatted into columns, and I am not able to sort anything really. It makes it look as if I might as well have just printed it out.

Is there any way that I can just export this to an excel file so that I can manipulate the data normally?

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't tell if it is the same in my system as I am not on a system on weekends, but you can save it as text with tabs.

Then you open Excel and import this text file via the import assistant in Excel.