Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO confirmation problem

anuj_bhagawati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm trying to confirm a TO for an Outbound Delivert via LT12. The material is being transfered from Source Storage Type 901 to destination 916. These storage types are not SU managed. I'm facing two problems currently

a. When I try to confirm the TO I get the error message 'Enter Storage Unit' ( Message # L3216) and the cursor points to HU Identification field.

b. Upon looking at several threads in this forum, i also tried creating a Pick HU for my TO using LH01. After this when I try to confirm the TO I get another message 'Material quantity in source HU  is not sufficient for TO item' (Message # L3858).

At the moment I've disregarded the later problem. However the initial problem 'Enter Storage unit' stil persists. I've also noticed that the Destination quant field is set a 0 (zero) See below

Please provide me some leads to proceed. Thanks in advance

Regards

Anuj Bhagawati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anuj_bhagawati
Participant
0 Kudos

The problem has been resolved. The TO created earlier was a corrupt one, it is evident as there was no destination qunat created.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anuj_bhagawati
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My concern is that there is no Destination quant generated when the Transfer Order was created. Any clues ???

Thanks,

Anuj Bhagawati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please move the stock into a storage unit controlled storage type (310 for example). The system will automatically assign a SU and you can confirm the delivery pick. As Manish hinted too above 901 is not meant for outbound delivery picking but rather production order process.Its better to follow the design on this case and pick from a storage type meant for that activity.

Kind regards

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what process are you following, as per SAP standard storage type 901 is for production receipt and storage type 916 is for goods issue against delivery. Does this mean you are directly sending the stock from production receipt storage type to goods issue storage type.Also as per SAP standard storage type 901 is not SU managed but in your screen i can see the storage unit number

1) Please let us know what process are you following and the steps

anuj_bhagawati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

Yes 901 is not SU managed but the warehouse 370 is SU managed (In control parameters for Warehouse number the flag is set for 370)

Thus system should assign a Storage unit automatically as the relevant indicator is ticked.

What is the hindrence in moving the stock from 901 to 916 ? Please explain

Thanks,

Anuj Bhagawati

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have the tick at overall warehouse level in the control parameter however you need to check the individual storage type also to make it SU manged.Below matrix will help to understand

with the above thread what i understood is that you do the production receipt in 901 and without doing put away in the physical storage type you are directly dispatching to 916

in the above case you metioned that 901 is not SU managed but i can see the SU number in the source please check your setting once again

anuj_bhagawati
Participant
0 Kudos

Manish,

The matrix you provided in the previous thread is not displaying. Also the config for 901 is as shown below. SU mgmt acive is not checked

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please find below the Matrx.

but with the above setting you should not have the SU number in  901 / FGPRODSTAG  but i can see the SU number in the above TO screen which you shared .  Can you mentioned the process steps which you are following

anuj_bhagawati
Participant
0 Kudos

The TO was created from the Outbound delivery. It is during the TO confirmation, we get the error 'Enter Storage Unit'. I also wonder why there is no quant created at the destination Sorage Type 916.

If we see the list of confirmed TO's for the same material , source and destiantion storage type I could see similar TO's in the past which were succesfully confirmed. One of such example is shown below