cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View ECS PO in ECC after SRM system is changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Our system SRM 3.0 ( XYZ) , ECS scenario, PO is getting replicated to ECC 6.0.( ABC)

Now we are implementing SRM 7.0 ( New SRM 7.0 box - YEE) with same ECC 6.0 ( ABC) box  mentioned above.

We are migrating open PO's to new SRM 7.0 box with new PO number ranges in SRM and ECC.

Now the Question is business need 5 years of PO data to be viewed via ME23N in ECC when SRM 3.0 no more exist, will there be a technical limitation to view old PO in ECC when SRM 3.0 system no more exist.

Again Business just need to view the old PO's in ECC 6.0, no GR. IR will be performed.

Regards

Ratha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ratha,

There is no limitation in viewing the POs in ECC even when SRM 3.0 does not exist because you are using ECS and SRM POs are copied in ECC 6.0

We have just done the similar project successfully. Please consider following points which we had considered looking at business requirements though your business needs may be different:

1) Create a role for SRM super users in ECC for them to view the POs in ME23N.

2) You may consider customising SRM to do GRN for OLD SRM POs using SRM7

3) Open SCs can be recreated in SRM 7

4) Workflows need to be rebuild and takes maximum efforts

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi.

Also, I tested by locking the RFC of SRM and viewed the PO in ECC and no issues were found to view the PO.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

summer_wang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose the old SRM PO will also be migerated to SRM 7.0

SRM will not affect the aleady  created PO in ECC  (EKKO and EKPO) .

Please use different number range in the NEW SRM and ECC for the newly created PO s to revent

inconsistency.

Best regards

Summer Wang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Summer wang

Also, I tested by locking the RFC of SRM and viewed the PO in ECC and no issues were found to view the PO.

Regards

Ratha