Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is client opening and system modifiable required for test package creation

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have seen an issue when users are creating test package in solution manager produciton system it asks for client to be open and modifiable

Could you please suggest is this normal behavior or can something be done to avoid this as  it is production system and we cant open client for every test package creation

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So here you need to worry

The statement here is So here you need not to worry.Kindly update it under my previous response.Apologies for missing the word "not" .

Thanks,

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Benjamin for your reply .Sorry my question was not clear when i said is this normal behaviour i wanted to know whether test package creation really  needs client opening  or somesetting or authorisation we are missing due to which it is askign for client open/modifiable

In general how is test package managed ,do we create it in development environment and transport it to Production system

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

test package creation really  needs client opening  or somesetting or authorisation we are missing due to which it is askign for client open/modifiable

Straight answer here yes,if you need to create package under system,than surely you need to change the client settings in SCC4.

do we create it in development environment and transport it to Production system

As per standards you've to build/create any package under Development environment & than transport it into the QTY/PRD system in your system landscape.

Note: I strongly suggest you not to create any package in your PRD environment unless n until suggested by SAP or SNOTE .( As you need separate developer keys under production also,which concerns you license audit .)

Hope this will help you.

Good luck !!

Gaurav

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

>>Could you please suggest is this normal behavior or can something be done to avoid this as  it is production system and we cant open client for every test package creation<<

This is not an issue and the system is working as expected based on the client settings in Tx SCC4. Is this really a production system? Just curious to know. If the users want to create the sol called "TEST" packages provide access to a less critical system (even though it is a Solution Manager production system) instead of doing it on the production system.

If you really want the package to be in the production then create the package in the D system and assign it to a TR.

Cheers

RB

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Could you please suggest is this normal behavior or can something be done to avoid

For production system generally restricts changes to repository & cross client customization into the client for security as well as for audit purposes.So here you need to worry about the pop-up you're getting now under you Production Solution Manager box.

Hope this will help you.

Good luck !!

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali  ,

Check on the following recommendation

1605663 - System change option settings for projects

Not sure how test package works  , but check whether current settings option will help you in any way

77430 - Customizing: Current settings

Thanks ,

Manu