Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System log for user type change

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have a requirement to set CCMS alerts for user type change in SAP. We have already enabled security audit log to capture the same. But we need to set alert as well. But when a user's type is changes in SU01; it does not create any log in SM21 or RZ20 which we can capture in alert. Could you please help if there is any system log number of user type change. Like we have EB U for incorrect user type and AU for user locking etc.

Thanks

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

for security audit log messages there is this monitor in RZ20:

RZ20 --> SAP CCMS Monitor Templates
                --> Security

Which severity have the messages in security audit log? Do you see these messages in RZ20?

Regards,
Alwina

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina

No; its not getting logged nto RZ20 Security nodes. These nodes have entrie slike user lock or PSE certificate expire. But nothing gets logged for a user type change.

Thanks

Varun

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

in our test system if I change type of my user from "dialog" to "system" in SU01 I get a yellow alert in the MTE UserMasterRecords like this:

Regards,
Alwina

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Elwina for your reply on this. I am not sure what is the issue in our SAP systems. We have tried this user type change multiple times but don;t see anything in UserMasterRecords or security or in R3syslog.

Could you please check and let me know if there was any log in SM21 as well at the same time when you noticed this in RZ20. I searched in system log types; found one AU D log for user type change and made that red in RZ20; but still not recording anything.

Regards

Varun

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

in the syslog nothing is created for the change of user type in SU01. How is your filter set in SM19? Is the check box "user master change" selected? And what is activated for "Events?

Regards,
Alwina

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Elwina

The 'user master change' you mentioned was not selected. It worked perfectly after selecting the entry you suggested. Afterwards; I can see the alert in RZ20. Have assigned a method to the MTE and was able to successfully generate test CCMS alerts for user type change as well.

Thanks a lot for your expert advise and helping us in resolving the issue promptly

Regards

Varun

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

thanks for the update, you are welcome 🙂

Regards,
Alwina

Answers (0)