cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External OData Service (non SAP system)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working in building in using Gateway (Hub) to integrate in our backend system (ECC) with another external application. That application provides an OData Service. Has anybody done this before?

I'm using Northwind service as reference.

This is the steps I have followed:

- Create an HTTP destination to the system where the ODATA service/model resides

- Create a new project via SEGW

- Use the option Redefine OData Service, bringing the model from the HTTP destination I have created and I'm able to bring the model

- I generate the runtime objects with no issue

However when I try to Add the service via /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE, I receive the error "No Model assigned to Service"

Any help will be welcomed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Acero,

I think the issue  appears due to incorrect system alias configuration. Please check the system alias that you are using for the registration.

I am using a co-deployed(IWFND  + IWBEP together) system and consuming Northwind OData SVC. Here are RFC and System Alias Details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both of you for your answers. The version I'm running is 7.40 SP8 for SAPGWFND. So one of the related links is not applicable. The connection I configured is as follows.

As you can see it works.

The project appears perfect.All objects generate and run a check with no issue

However when I try to add the service I have the issue. It does not matter if I use the LOCAL or the ODATAEXT alias.

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two Observations

1.     SAP Gateway supports OData V2, the one you are using is V3

2.     System alias LOCAL can not be used for Registration, you need to use the system alias that is configured with the RFC which you use for Generation of MODEL.

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos