cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order to Profarma Invoice

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

In one of my support client having the following scenario.

they create sales order and create pro forma invoice from order, that is a statistical information.

but in some cases quantity mention incorrect on the sales order level which is transfer to billing (Pro forma) invoice.

I don't have any option to cancel the billing document as its a statistical, plus if I again want to create pro forma invoice from the same sales order system cant allow me.

close the sales order with reason and create new is not possible due to importance of sales order number.

is there any routine in b/w order to billing which ensure that I can create pro forma invoice multiple time with the same sales order or any other work around.

Looking for the gurus response.

regards,

imran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly confirm your requirement:

Sales Order to Pro- Forma

if there is any change in Qty in Sales Order then you need to refer the sales order to create a revised Pro-forma invoice.

An Sales Order can be reference number of times to prepare a Pro- Forma Invoice.

Sales Order number will remain the same and the Pro- Forma number will be changing.

As Proforma invoice is statistical and can be COMPLETED .

Regards,

SRK

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

when I create a sales order of qty 100. and create pro for a invoice of qty 100.

if user found that the quantity is wrong it was actually 200, in this scenario I cant change the quantity at sales order level, line item cant be deleted as reference document is already generated (billing).

please suggest, if still have any query please ask.

regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Imran

You should be able to create as many pro forma invoices as you like against a sales order, and subsequent changes to the sales order should also not be restricted. You would normally only get a warning message that there are subsequent documents but you could continue to change a sales order item Qty.

I guess you have some settings in your copy controls that are affecting this.
In VTFA (table TVCPF) for a std combination like OR / F5 / TAN you would have copy requirements 008 and 007 You can see what they check in VOFM.

The VBFA table is updated when you create a proforma invoice but in TVCPF the PLMIN flag is not
set to + as it would be for a real invoice. So the VBFA entry of a proforma does not force the item status to be C completely billed like a real invoice would

You can make sure you can create multiple proforma invoices by making sure you are not checking any real statuses in your copy routines in VTFA.

Hope it helps
Kind regards

Brian 

Answers (0)