cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One IDoc_AAE Channel or multiple?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

RFC channel should be separate for different scenarios and the Program ids in it should also not be same. My question is, in IDoc_AAE we register the program id in inboundRA of NWA. We can not register program ids in multiple places. In rfc we can give the program id in the channel itself and same can be maintained in the RFC destination in ecc system. But in an IDoc_AAe I will have only one place to maintain the Program ID. So if I use one IDoc_AAe channel in multiple scenarios, How will the message be routed to a particular ICO? will there not be a conflict? I have tried making one RFC channel for multiple scenarios and it surely fails to serve the purpose, since the system is not sure to which ICO it should be routed to. Same should be true with IDoc channel. Please help.

Regards,

Nishant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nishant

I'm assuming you are talking about sender channel. One is enough. Messages are automatically routed during runtime by using the message type of the IDoc from ECC to find a valid ICO with the matching IDoc type as sender interface.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng and Praveen,

Thanks for your replies. What I can understand from your posts is that, we can have multpile ID's but the recommended method is to have just one IDoc channel. I will go ahead with that approach.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Nishant

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to hear your query is answered. Please remember to close the thread to keep this forum space tidy.

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

If you want to use different program ID's for different interfaces you can still do it using IDOC_AAE adapter by creating new resource adapter in NWA and maintain the different program ID's and refer the resource adapters in your communication channels but it is not recommended option.

Go to NWA -> Configuration -> Infrastructure -> Application Resources.

Different Program ID you can give.

In the channel you can refer which you created resource adapter.

Regards,

Praveen.