cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question on the process calling views (method WDDOMODIFYVIEW)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi!

i got a question abt the sequence and process on how the veiw method is called....i have two view A & B. view B is called thru a button click in A. In B i perform few steps/validation to display a log in B itself...now in debug mode i think i'm seeing that view A method (WDDOMODIFYVIEW) is called when i do not have any plug firing the view A from B. I expect to see the methods of B alone being trigged but somewhere in the process the WDDOMODIFYVIEW of A is when the screen A is not called from B. any idea on whatz going in background?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

WDMODIFYVIEW Method is triggered when ever there is any modification/change in the UI's of the view. Since when you click on a button in VIEW A to navigate to view B, before the content of B is displayed, the view A in window is changed and B is displayed. Hence the WDMODIFYVIEW of A is triggered and then after rendering of B , WDMODIFYVIEW of B is triggered.

Please check the Phase model of WebDynpro to understand much better.

Phase Model -  Web Dynpro ABAP - SAP Library

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/49/ca1023d7d958c1e10000000a421937/content.htm

Regards,

Harsha

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha

thk but i am aware on how this works...my issue is sen when an event action in view B triggers the method WDMODIFYVIEW  in view A where view A is not called...to go into view B we naavigate from A but confused how can an action in view B trigger this method in A.....this happens only on certain conditions when a context is set.

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

Are you intending to explain that for a particular event in view B, the wdmodifyview of View A is triggered. If so can you please explain the code what you written for that particular event. This is quite unusual and request you to share the way you have embedded the views for these views. Have you used ViewContainerUIelement and embedded View B in it and Placed ViewcontainerUIelemnt in View A?

Regards,

Harsha

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha

In view A i have a table to display a list and a button that will call view B with the detailed list of the selected item in view A. After certain event in view B i set a flag in the context. this flag is checked in modifyview method of view A. in this point i get this issue

this is the piece of code:

lo_el_element_properties = lo_nd_element_properties->get_element( ).

MOVE 'X' TO ls_element_properties-initialize_ctrl_list.

lo_el_element_properties->set_static_attributes( static_attributes = ls_element_properties ).

viewcontainerui is not implemented here.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

Are you displaying View B as popup or navigating to view B by exiting view A ?

If view B is opened as popup, view A's instance is still available.

Regards,

Rama

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is your issue addressed?. If not,pls revert with your concerns.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

WDMODIFYVIEW( ) method is the only method which gets triggered in every action of that particular view.

This method gets called for any action that happens on the screen. Each and every action will trigger it.And this is the only method in which dynamically modifying the UI controls is permitted.

Thanks

KH

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sorry if i was not much clear....an action set just for view B is triggering the method WDMODIFYVIEW in view A...in this instant view A is not called from view B...this is the issue i have.....