cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different system status for WBS and Network activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement in my client to allow TECO at WBS level but keep Network activity to REL status. I tried with BS22 transaction but its not working. As soon as a WBS is set to TECO , all the network activities underneath gets TECO status.

Is there a way this link can be removed, is it possible for TECO status at network activity level not be driven by parent WBS.

Any suggestions or thoughts.

Regards.

Frejin
Explorer
0 Kudos

You should never directly confirm the WBS if it has any activity created under that WBS. First you need to change the System status of activities to TECO then Change the System Status of WBS.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Brendan_Ward
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Meruta,

You could use CJ02 to set the WBS to TECO which would not change the status on the network header / activity.

Regards,

Brendan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Brendan,

I tried and changing the status with CJ02 doesnt change NWA status. In my client they still want to keep activity in Rel status so that V110 program automatically calulates forecast.

Regards,

Meruta

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Meruta,

You can achieve this by having a user status in Network and network activities. You have to create a user status in such a way that this will not allow TECO. When you TECO WBS, this user status will restrict you to change to TECO in NW and NWA.

You need to have another user status which will allow TECO so that NW and NWA can have TECO status whenever it is required.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivasan,

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meruta,

Kindly provide your business justification. There seems to be a flaw and gap between legal issues also. Since there will be various ways to address your business requirement, rather than changing SAP most standard options.

As every one mentioned, this is not possible in standard SAP.

Regards

Terence

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meruta,

this WBS and Network relationship is Parent-Child Relationship. so if Parent has characteristics as REL then child should have same or greater than this like child have REL or TECO or CLSD.

if Parent has characteristics as TECO so child should not be able to lesser than this status. so all child object will inherit characteristics from Parent Object.

so this requirement is not possible. rest wait for Experts comments if any workaround is available or not.

thanks

Sunil

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Meruta,

In standard SAP the statuses are driven top down.. So you cannot achieve it in standard.

What's the rationale behind making WBS as TECO and keeping NWA as REL??

Regards

Sammar