cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding the correct one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have dought regarding enhancements . Suppose if i got a requirement and for enhancing the application which one i have to choose like badi or customer exit oe user exit or enhancement framework .please tell me solution ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Trinath,

Choosing the best enhancement actually depends on the type  requirement, if there is any change in the business logic's/change or modifying  in the existing functionality, we normally go for BaDI's enhancement.

And for change in UI framework such as in simple changes in users display, hiding/disabling(can be done through BaDI's too),adding of new fields, we for go Enhancement Frameworks(implicit and explicit).

And for enhancing in WebDynpro we mostly for standard enhancement in the workbench.

please check the following links for a better understanding.

Enhancement Technologies - Application Development on AS ABAP - SAP Library

Modification-Free Enhancements - Web Dynpro for ABAP - SAP Library

Regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Than You harsha

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Close the thread if ur issue is resolved

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trinath,

This depends on the requirement and availability of the Enhancement option.

a standard approach is 1) search for BADI ( by placing  a break point CL_EXITHANDLER=>GET_INSTANCE ) or Enhancement options available.

if no required BADI/Enhancement approach found.

2) Look for Customer Exit ( for SAP SD you can look for USER EXITS).

Note: BADI/Ehancement framework OO based, Customer Exits built on Function Module and User Exits are in the form of SUB Routines.

Thank you,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trinath,

This depends on the requirement and availability of the Enhancement option.

a standard approach is 1) search for BADI ( by placing  a break point CL_EXITHANDLER=>GET_INSTANCE ) or Enhancement options available.

if no required BADI/Enhancement approach found.

2) Look for Customer Exit ( for SAP SD you can look for USER EXITS).

Note: BADI/Ehancement framework OO based, Customer Exits built on Function Module and User Exits are in the form of SUB Routines.

Thank you,

Kiran