Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCo 15 - OPC,SSCE and Websockets

former_member329581
Participant
0 Kudos

I try to connect PCo-Websocket with SSCE-Dashboads, but it doesn't work =(

If I create a Tag with the PCo-Simulator, it all works well.

What I've done:

I read the this guide : http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/208cf8a0-70f4-3110-c3ab-dc765ad84...

1. Install a Kepware 5.16 Server

2. Create a PCo-Source System for the Kepware-Server with Type OPC-DA

3. Create a Agent

4. Add Subscription-Items (Random1, Random2, Random3, Random4)

5. Configure the Query-Ports like mentioned in the guide.

6. Add a Template-Notification like mentioned in the guide.

7. Start the Agent

8. Create a Data-Server like mentioned in the guide

9. Create a Tag, connect it to the Data-Server, as Tag I use the name of the subscription-elemnt (Random1, etc.)

10. Put the Tag in a SSCE Dashboard in Current-Mode

If I execute the Dashboard than I see errors like that in the PCo log

"Tag null/Random1 with alias tag_A49F469A6D3EE7DE2C9B874B5CDC5EA2D not found."

I doesn't understand where the "null/" comes from?!

What I also tried:

1. Created a Simple Websocket-Client

- I see that PCo is creating a Web-Socket-Server if I start the Agent

- I see that PCo is stopping the Socket-Server if I stop the Agent

2. Create a Websocket-Notification(not a template!) with the same Agent and connect the Simple Websocket-Client

- I see that PCo is creating a Web-Socket-Server if I start the Agent

- I see that PCo is pushing permantly data in to the socket

- I see that PCo is stopping the Socket-Server if I stop the Agent

- It seems that the Kepware-Server works

- It seems that the PCo-Websocket works

I hope anybody has an idea what is going wrong?!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kay,

Please create a MII Plant Information Catalog (PIC) Tag and link that tag to the Kepware Tag that you have defined. PIC Tags are what create WebSocket subscriptions to PCo; it uses the WebSocket port that is defined in the MII Data Server definition that points to the PCo Agent Instance.

Regards, Steve

former_member329581
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Im back at the topic and it still not works. Im not able to get a Tag linked. If Im try to find tags on my server it allways response "No groups found; Enter a tag mask to search for tags" if I enter * as tag-mask it says (in german) "Abrufen von Tags für aktuellen Historian bzw. aktuelle Gruppe nicht möglich; korrekte Maske eingeben" (translated: Can't retrieve tags for current historian or current group; use correct mask).

If I'm connecting the Data Server(Kepware DA) with the Workbench I can see every tag and also retrieve data.

Also the PCo-Simulator works in the PIC

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kay,

Please provide the full version and Patch level you are running for PCo and MII. The key here is to get a Plant Information Catalog Tag linked to an OPC Tag that PCo is connected to.

Regards,

Steve

former_member329581
Participant
0 Kudos

PCo: 15.1.1.2634

MII: 15.1.0.3 and 15.0.5.4

How to archive this links?!

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I ran into the same problem...

I can choose the PCo dataserver, which is running on a local machine, in the PIC and browse through all the groups. If I want to get tags from another PCo (same properties as far as I'm concerned), i get the error "No groups found; Enter a tag mask to search for tags".

Strange things is, it worked a few weeks ago...

If I link a new created tag to my OPC tag, like you suggested, it seems to works fine. But I don't want to do this for all 15 tags, since it worked so easy with the other PCo dataserver....

Do you have any suggestions for solving this problem?

Thanks and best regards,

Stefan

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I do not understand completely what you are attempting to do.  What is 'another PCo': A PCo Agent instance connected to an OPC Server can retrieve all the tags defined in the OPC Server.  To be able to drag a PIC tag to SSCE and have it auto-update, the PIC tag must be mapped to a PCo tag through Agent Instance connect to the MII data server, and the PCo Agent Instance must also have  WebSocket Destination defined, and the correct  websocket port defined in the MII Data Server.

Regards, Steve

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

what i meant was, that i don't have to manually map the PIC tag to a PCo tag to use it in SSCE. It was also possible to browse the OPC server and just add the tags to the PIC as shown in the picture:

Now I have a second PCo installed on another server, on which a agent instance is running. If i want to browse this OPC server, i'm not able to get the tags anymore.

I have no idea what the problem could be, because it used to work...

The tags that i use in SSCE update manually, but quite slow (3seconds). Is it possible to configure the update rate?

Best regards,

Stefan

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

1. Does the 2nd PCo Agent Instance have a separate MII PCoConnector data server configured?
  2. can you browse tags from the 2nd PCo from within MII using a PCoQuery and the data server?
  3. PIC tags use WebSocket Push technology. The fasted that PCo can update a tag is determined by the Update Rate for the Agent, and also by the OPC server's ability to poll for tag values at the Update rate.
  4. Try this: on a new SSCE page, drag a single PIC tag to the page and open the page. At the same time, clear the PCO agent Instance Log, place the log in Verbose mode, and see how frequently the Websocket Notifcation  is executed. this will give you some idea of where the delay may be.

Regards, Steve

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. There might be a problem. In the configurations of the daa server (PCo Connector) there is no entry in the field for the websocket port. The PIC's I use in SSCE updated themselves anyway, but slow. Does that mean that I do not need the websocket port of the agent to work with the PIC tags in SSCE?

When I use the port 8081 in the data server configuration and use websocket in PCo as shown, SSCE gives me the error "operaton is insecure". If I mark "safe protocol WSS" agent does not start.

best regards,

Stefan

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

If you do not have a Websocket port defined for the MII Data Server, then PIC tags will still update, but will use a Query to read the data from the device through the PCo Agent Instance.  Websocket would be able to provide a faster update than query execution as the tags are already being updated through the Notification and new values would be pushed to SSCE when the data changes.

For Secured Protocol setting in PCo, you must also set a certificate to be used, as described here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_pco151/helpdata/en/83/2a7a518d12245de10000000a44176d/content.htm

Which version/SP/Patch of PCo and MII are you using?

Regards, Steve

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

thank you for your answer. I have some values that don't change very fast, so in some cases, a query will be enough.

I use MII 15.0 SP7 Patch 1 and PCo 15.1.1.

When using insecure connection, MII won't allow it. Is there a way to change this? It is for testing reasons only.

Best regards,

Stefan

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I think the 'operation is insecure' is an HTML5 issue for Websockets and Same Origin Policy. Look at MII System Properties section Cross Origin Resource Sharing. You may have to add some settings here to allow a cross origin access from within MII.  It this cannot resolve your issue, first post a new question in this forum specific to the issue so it may get noticed by a different group of users. I don't have any way internally to set up a cross origin test to confirm this.

Regards, Steve

0 Kudos

Hello Kay,

It seems to me that you have not specified the correct path to the tag, because it fails as

null/Random1

You may need to specify the correct path from the Kepware server. For instance:

Channel1/Device1/Random1

Br, Alex.