Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Break in Text Field for Standard Text

former_member221372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have to put the text of standard text into input fields and these are around 5 to 7 are there.

I have read the data by using "READ_TEXT" function module and passing that data into a string variable which is binded to form.

But while I am checking it is displaying as continues text instead of paragraph or line break.

How to do this...?

Cheers,

Bharat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

you needn't to do it in that way. You need to create a own node special for the include-text.

Have a look here. This will explain all you need in detail

Inserting a Text - SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe - SAP Library

For future question ´please first use the search. If you do not know how here is an additional link:

~Florian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

varun_vadnala3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

The above explained by Florian is the standard way provided by SAP in adobe forms context node.

There is also an alternative way to achieve this. Check the following process.

1.The output of FM "READ_TEXT" is of format TSFTEXT with TLINE field having value.For eg: LT_line type TSFTEXT.

2.Include this LT_LINE in context node.

3.Now go to layout tab-->data view on the left pane.Where you find hierarchy, pdf structure etc.

4.Jus drag this table lt_line from data view tab to the layout editor.

5.Delete the header and first column TDformat.

6.Now you will get the multiple lines on the pdf form.

7.Note: Jus take care the DATA[*] of LT_OUTLINE is marked as repeat for each line item. Incase you are getting more space between lines then decrease the height of the textfield tdline.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But that means, you are not able to write longlines.. you know, these lines with an = in tdformat.

If that is ok for him, this is also a nice and handy solution.

~Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Interface while before passing String data into form,Do all necessary adjust (Space) before Bind.

Regards,

Lingaraj