Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

CRM segmentation on virtual provider created on calculation view

Hi to all,

We want to create segmentation attributes on BW models. In our company we have BW on Hana and a billions records of sales data.

We need to get bpartner's filtered by middle order and order date. Fields to use are order number, revenue, order date and bpartner. Mid ord = rev / ord.count 

I'm using virtual provider on calculation view to get result. If i put order date to output fields i'm getting wrong result, because at first mid.order is calculated and at second is agregated.

output fields

partner                          ord.count         revenue          mid order

12312312        01.02.2015                     2                    3000              1500                     

12312312        02.02.2015                     4                    2000               500

if i will filter order by   =   [01.02.2015 to   02.02.2015] i'll get wrong result = 2000.

I think that i need to filter data by order date and not to use it in output fields. The only way i found to do it is to use 2 parameters. Date from and date to. I assigned parameters to different fields in virtual provider. For users is not comfortable to input order data filter values to different fields. Is there any way to filter data with one field?

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question