cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Keep Together"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What does "Keep Together" mean?  I thought I used to use it in the past to prevent Groups from being split when printing.

I have items grouped by a single grouping, BarCode.  There can be 1 to 3 entries for a single BarCode.  If there are two or three, I don't want them to print on two pages.  I have "Keep Together" checked for Detail 1 & 2, and for Group Header, and Group Footer, but it's splitting across pages.

Am I having a senior moment?  How do I do what I need to do?  If this is incorrect, then what does "Keep Together" mean?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to turn on "Keep Together" for the group in addition to the sections where your data is located.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

I don't know what that is.  The only place I recall running into Keep Togther is in Section Expert.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the difference between the two places that turn on Keep Together?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Right-click on the Group Header section and select "Change Group".  Click on the Options tab.  Turn on "Keep Group Together".

Keep Together on the section applies only to that section - it makes sure that any individual section will print on one page unless its too big for a single page.

Keep Together on the group applies to the group as a whole and covers all of the sections within a group.  This can have the unwanted side effect of causing a lot of white space to appear on some pages, but if your groups are small that should not be an issue.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah,

At first l still didn't understand, but I'm clear now.

Thank you Dell.

Answers (0)