cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory fields issue in Update Supplier Change Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on MDG 7 for Supplier. We have migrated vendor master records from other SAP system to MDG system using IDocs. These migrated records have data missing in some of the fields which are mandatory on MDG UI. So, when such vendor is updated on UI then system gives error message "Enter a value in the field .....". But this is error does not go even if data if filled the mandatory field.

So, my questions are: What is the cause of this issue? and How to fix this?

Please see screenshot below:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There are some more observations in this issue:

I have observed that this issue is not specific to updating migrated vendor records, but it is generic for any vendor record update. It means that, this issue also coming while updating vendors created using MDG UI.

Please note the below scenario:

For example, field 'communication method' was an optional field, and so many vendors created using MDG UI may have this field left empty.

Now we made this field as mandatory, and then try to update a vendor which was created earlier in which this field is empty. While in update change request, system gives error to fill this mandatory field. Then user fills a valid value and then click check/submit button, but the error

does not go.

Thanks,

Swati Verma

former_member487858
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

I am also facing the similar issue.   It would be great if you could share how you have resolved this issue.

Thanks

Swarna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you fill these fields before you get the error, do you still get the error message? Also, did you try selecting a value from the value help menu instead of typing it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

This issue is only on migrated vendors, not on vendor created using MDG UI.

There is no such issue while updating a vendor that was created using MDG UI, because while creating all the validation checks were done and passed.

But, we have migrated many vendors from legacy system using idoc in the SAP MDG ECC box without passing them through validations of mandatory check. While carrying out migration we had removed mandatory check from fields. After migrating we set the fields mandatory again. Now when such vendors are updated using MDG UI then error comes due to missing values in mandatory fields, this error stays even if we fill value in them. We tried selecting values from F4 but no luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you "synch" those migrated vendors and their BP records? If not, you will need to do that so each vendor has a proper BP record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

By "synch" you mean CVI- Customer/Vendor Integration ?

For all the migrated vendors, BP records are created by using CVI settings in the direction vendor to Business Partner. This is done and this include below given settings (done for all relevant account groups).

1. BP Numbering range from internal to external

2. vendor Numbering range from external to internal

3. Same Number marked in Number assignment for direction Vendor to BP

4. Same Number unmarked in Number assignment for direction BP to Vendor

Please let me know if I have missed something (by the way I am able to view the migrated records completely in MDG UI).

Thanks & Regards,

Swati Verma

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

Can you please check if there are any BRF+ validations restricting those values, did you try with other records/values.

Regards,

Charan.