cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LO Extractor with delta records after migrating 3.x data flow

moha_nan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, We had 3.x data flow with transfer rules / update rules. And we were loading the delta records with InfoPackage in one DSO periodically. It worked fine. We are using LO Extractor (2LIS_02_ITM). Now we have migrated the 3.x data flow into 7.x data flow with Transformaiton & InfoPackage/DTP. We load the delta data with InfoPackage into PSA (we delete PSA table before we load new delta records into PSA). It works fine. It fetches only delta records from DataSource into BW. Then we load the DSO with "Data Transfer Processes (DTP)". When we take Extraction Mode "Full" in DTP, we get an error message as the ODS has delta records till now and now records come with Full. When we switch Extraction Mode to "Delta" in DTP, the delta records from PSA into DSO can not be loaded (I don't know why I get a lot more records in DSO). Any help will be appreciated. Moha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

oliver_uy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For delta DTP, since you converted from 3.x to 7 process. all request in PSA will be tag as new for DTP and will be sent to DSO, that's why there are more records going to DSO when you execute delta DTP.

For the full load. i'm not sure but maybe the DSO still recognizes the 3.x format where you cannot do full load once you have created init/delta to the DSO.

have you done re-setup of LO Cockpit again in ecc or just migrated the process from 3.x to 7 in BW?

moha_nan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver, Your ansnwer is correct. We just had to switch the extraction Mode to "Delta" in DTP and it works fine. We had Problem with "Full" extraction mode in DTP. Moha

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Before delta dtp, have you tried to load thru full load? if yes then it may load all data what ever been there at psa.

As my guess first you trie delta dtp and later you ran full load? right?

After the migration, at dtp level you need to the init dtp(with out data transfer) and later do the delta dtp.

Later you can load delta info pack and delta dtp, it will continue your loads with out any propblem.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

fcorodriguezl
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moha,

What is your environment DEV/QA?

When you load ods, your dtp has been mark how Delta, you cant change your DTP by Full, you need create another DTP with same parameters.

Try del your DTP and use a new.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moha,

when you migrate Data source from 3.5 to 7.X then transformation structure changes. So you need to activate the transformation and DTP again.

Thanks,

Shakthi Raj Natarajan.