cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to Instance of SAP Business Warehouse 7.4 incl. SAP BO BI 4.1 on HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have created an Instance of SAP Business Warehouse 7.4 incl. SAP Business Objects BI 4.1 SP2 on SAP HANA 1.0 SP.

After activation it shows green in CAL (status is active). In the AWS Account in EC2 it is also showing the instance as active.

But when I try connecting to it using the Remote Desktop Connection it is not working.

I get an error message: "Remote desktop cannot connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons: 1)Remote access to server is not eabled 2)The remote computer is turned off 3) The remote computer is not available on the network.

Neither did it work by using the the provided RDP nor by entering the external Frontend IP manually.

I tried it from my home network, via vpn (company network) and UMTS.

Results were all the same...

RDP is activated in the security Group in AWS and when I try to reach the Port 3389 by portquiz.net:3389 it's working fine.

Do you have any idea what the cause could be?

Thanks for your help in advance.

BR,

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Where do I get the IP address for the Remote Desktop connection to AWS "SAP Business Objects BI Server/Client" environment?  Do I need to create an instance first in the SAP Cloud Appliance (CAL) then IP will be sent to me??

Thanks and Regards

ventsislav_ivanov2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yes - you need to create instance first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stanimir,

of course, no Problem

The IP-Adress is 54.152.48.199.

The instance is running at the Moment.

Thanks and best regards,

Sebastian

stanimir_eisner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Did not work for me too.

My next idea would be to telnet the internal IP address from the SLES box. BTW did you try to connect to the SLES box via SSH?

Best regards,

Stanimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stanimir,

10.0.1.251 - that's the SAP Server internal IP.

So far I didn't try connect to the SLES box.

To be honest I don't know what the SLES Box is.

Didn't work a lot with SSH so far and only used Putty for a Connection.

Best regards,

Sebastian

stanimir_eisner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

The SAP Server is running on SLES 11 SP3, that's why I referenced to it as the SLES box.

Meanwhile I created an instance of the same solution in my AWS account and I was able to telnet port 3389.

Perhaps best would be to contact the AWS support but before that I'd create another instance to be sure that the problem persists.

Best regards,

Stanimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stanimir,

thanks for your help.

It is already the third instance I created and I always had the same issue.

So I'm going to ask the AWS Support about it.

If I get any solution I will post it here.

Maybe it can help others

Best regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sebastian:

Did you resolve this ? i have a similar issue with connecting to SAP Predictive analytics front end where RDP does not work . going to call Amazon Support now. wanted to see if you had fixed it before calling them

Cheer

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Bala,

unfortunately, I didn't.

But as it got to expensive to run the instance all the time so that the AWS support can access it I decided to terminated it.

I hope you have more more success

Would be great if you could keep me posted in here.

Thanks and best regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stanimir,

thanks a lot for your reply.

I tried Telnet IP:3389 in the cmd and got the following message:

A Connection with the host couldn't be established, on Port 23: Connection Error.

I tried it with VPN to my Company Network and without.

Best regards,

Sebastian

stanimir_eisner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

If you don't mind you can give me the IP address to try the telnet command from the Network where I have never had issues to open an RDP connection.

Best regards,

Stanimir

stanimir_eisner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

I don't think that the result of portquiz.net:3389 is reliable as I succeeded too, although I am pretty sure that I am behind a firewall that does not allow me to open an RDP connection.

Instead could you try telnet <the IP address> 3389 ?

Best regards,

Stanimir