cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Entity Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As part of our project requirements, we would need to copy the standard Entity type CCTR to ZCCTR for certain changes. We have created the custom ZCCTR and activated the data model.. The datamodel generic structures are generated. Now we would like to use this custom entity type ZCCTR for the standard CCTR configuration

In other words, we would like to have the same CCTR UI Configuration for the custom ZCCTR, How can we do the modifications.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sapna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

this use case is not supported. Entity Type ZCCTR resides in the customer namespace. You have to create your own UIs including all required customzing settings.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks alot for your reply.

Could you please provide the steps to do this.

Thanks

Sapna

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

you may refer to the common SAP MDG documentation for creating custom object user interfaces (see SAP Master Data Governance 7.0 – SAP Help Portal Page -> Application Help -> use the tree menu to navigate to "Configuration of Master Data Governance").

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Could you please let me know if I have to any customizing or modifications for CCTR SMT Mappings using custom entity type ZCCTR.

It would be of a great help if you could please confirm the following steps that are required if i have to create the ZCCTR entity type and hide the standard CCTR, I would have to perform the following steps:

1. Data model extension, activation and regeneration of structures using ZCCTR entity type

2.  UI Costomization for ZCCTR by deep copying CCTR UI Configuration

3. Change Request types and steps using ZCCTR inspite of CCTR

Could you please let me know if I have missed anything other than above steps.

Also please clarify if the SMT Mappings require any changes as USMDZ6_0G_CCTR SMT Mapping is generated and created for standard entity type CCTR.

Thank you.

Sapna

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,you have to modify the SMT mapping,refer to the below link for details steps.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/302c66d1-2161-2f10-1292-cdea30ea2...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Thanks alot for your response.

But in my case, i would just need to copy CCTR, CCTRG and CCTRH entity types and not the complete data model.

The actual requirement is to change the "Key Settings" of CCTR entity type. The rest everything including UI, SMT, Replication and validations and Derivations remain the same. As CCTRG and CCTRH are also linked to CCTR, we would have to copy those entity types as well to the customer namespace.

Could you please let me know the steps to copy the respective entity types and its elements but not the complete data model 0G.

Thanks,

Sapna

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

as already mentioned:  Entity Type ZCCTR resides in the customer namespace. You cannot re-use anything provided by SAP. Our code has not been written for your usecase. The SAP code relies on the settings provided by SAP for data model 0G. It is not compatible with your requirement. You have to built everything on your own in your own responsibility.

W.r.t. your requirement, please be aware that it is already provided by SAP standard delivery of MDG-F 7.0 SP02.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Currently we are  on SP03 Service pack. could you  navigate me or provide me the link to look athe SAP Delivered document to achieve my requirement please.

Also, Please confirm on the below steps that are to be configured for Z Entity types

1. Data model activation and generation

2. UI Customizing

3. Validations and Derviations

4. SMT Mappings

5. Replication Services

Please let me know if i missed anything

Thanks,

Sapna

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

the link has already been posted by Shankar in his reply on Feb 26, 2015 1:52 PM.

Best regards

Michael

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer to the attached link which talks about all the enhancment.