cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document split based on COPA Custom Field characterisitc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have defined a Customer field in NewGL which is also a COPA characteristic.

For Cost elements, this field will be fed based on COPA derivation rules and update GL table with the same value.

For Balance sheet accounts, can I update this field based on the COPA characteristic information using the document split standard appraoch?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Best regards,

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot update the field using document splitting. But you can try to define substitution for update value for the field.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar and thank you for your first answer,

Can you explain in more details because in SAP documentation it is said that "...document splitting enables you to draw up complete financial statements for Customer-defined dimension (customer field)...".

I would like the same Business scenario as for Profit center: if any values for the same Cust. field are found on other items of the same posting, these values have to be applied to BS accounts with a split approach...

I don't understand why it would not work?

Regards,

Pascal

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain characteristics only for BA,PC & segment. I do think you cannot maintain your customer field. It is a standard behaviour of the system.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry but it is not clear at all...
Do you mean that a Customer field cannot be used as a COPA characteristic or that this field cannot benefit of NewGL document split option?

Regards

Pascal

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot use as document splitting characteristic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

look at SAP standard documentation:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/ab/100dd3ade0465885db1127d95bb355/content.htm

If I am not wrong It is saying that Customer field and Doc split is compatible?

regards

Pascal

RajanSrinivasan
Participant
0 Kudos

Document Splitting Characteristics can be defined for GL Accounting or Controling. However the characteristics defined for Controlling cannot be used in FI documents. This is clearly stated in the IMG documetation for the IMG node Define Document Splitting Characteristics for Controlling:

"

Define Document Splitting Characteristics for Controlling

Use

In this IMG activity, you specify on which additional characteristics you intend to apply document splitting. The additional characteristics are not relevant for General Ledger Accounting. Instead, they are relevant for other application components (such as subcomponents in Controlling) that use documents transferred from General Ledger Accounting."

Attached screen shot showing IMG menu path.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan and thank you for this first helpful answer,

To be more precise:

- I want to create a NewGL custom field in General Ledger and activate GL Doc split on this field to update BS account based on P&L values for the same field and also use inheritance option,

- I also want to define this field as a user defined Characterisitc in COPA. The derivation rule will then feed this field in COPA table and I want to move the value to the corresponding GL item.

Does this scenario make sense?

If yes, do you know how I can automatise the feeding fo the GL Cust.field from a derived COPA characteristic? Maybe using a substisution rule (copy of COEJ to BSEG...)?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Regards

Pascal