Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database not connecting

sateeshtalluri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Two sap systems(ECC6.0) running on oracle 10g in server 2003.i have copied entire oracle folder in one of my system(PRD) and move  into other system(QAS) and i have changed environment variables  and changed oracle services executable path but oracle not connecting and oracleservicesid,tnslistner didn't start and also

while creating ops$user getting below error

ora-01031 :message 1031 not found no message file for product=rdbms

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

Have a look on this note especially "General checks" section: 400241 - Problems with ops$ or sapr3 connect to Oracle

Regards,

Serhat

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

I know system copy and db refresh methods

It's really great about you knows the standard system copy methods to make the things happen here,but i don't know why you want to follow this type of method ?

but this way possible or not?

Nothing is impossible !! You can do whatever you want but as per me it's not recommended one,as you need to do lots of things manually to reach at final destination.

On other side you simply need to use PRD database restore on the other machine to create QAS system or can use export/import method too.

Hope you'll also in favor of same.

Good luck !!

sateeshtalluri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi rana,

Thanks for quick reply.I know system copy and db refresh methods but this way possible or not?

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you try googling ? looks like a typical environment setup issue.

Also try to search on SCN first with your error message.

Please check the following link:

Regards,

Siddhesh

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have copied entire oracle folder in one of my system(PRD) and move  into other system(QAS) and i have changed environment variables  and changed oracle services executable path but oracle not connecting and oracleservicesid,tnslistner didn't start

For what purposes you need to copy the oracle folder from PRD to QAS ? As it's really bad practice to copy database directly for any purposes,Id you need to make test system or want to refresh QAS with PRD database than perform SAP standard system copy methods.

Try to follow system copy guides at https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/a2/2f0c173a5e43d19585724239ff4de7/content.htm

& can refer SCN thread

Hope this will help you.

Good luck !!

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For this your have perform the system copy from PRD to QAS, (Homogeneous system copy method)

BR

SS