cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Modify Agentry Screen for Android

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day.

I am using Agentry with Meter Management 6.2.

I have a requirement where I have to cater for Android phone and tablet.

While having a look at Agentry PM Screen Set, I found that it only caters for iPhone/iPad and Windows.

I added Android Nornal and Large as Platforms, copied iPad screen for Android Large, but I had limitation in terms of screen customizing.

Is there a way to customize android screen when it comes to label and text field?

Also is there a way of changing things like the background color of the theme of the screen.

Anyone's feedback will be really appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The Android platforms will utilize the same screens as the iPad / iPhone.  You would only need to add a new platform specific to Android if you wanted to have a different screen for the Android versus an iPhone/iPad.  If you are only using Android you should simply modify the existing iPad / iPhone screens.

The Agentry client will determine what platform / screens to use based on the device platform (see the logs to confirm what your device is recognized as) and the settings in the configuration files (ScreenSets.ini, ImagePrecedence.ini, StylePrecedence.ini).

--Bill

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Chung.

Thank you so much for your time.

I have attached the image where I have added Android Normal and Android Large.

What I did was to add the platform, then make a copy of iPhone screen for Android Normal and a copy of screens of iPad for Android Large.

Once done, I publish the app, and I get a blank page on the view.

Also, when I delete the platform and tried to re-create it, it always tells me "Platform already exists".

The only thing I am trying to achieve is to change the look and feel for both Android Normal and Large, modify the colors of the labels, background, just to make the application look very different

I have

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rossi,

for the Problem:

Also, when I delete the platform and tried to re-create it, it always tells me "Platform already exists".

Please see in the trash bin if the plattform exists there anymore. I get this error to if i want to greate the same object but i do not delete it from the trash bin.

The customizing options spezial in style und background for android have limits see this 2 links:

Best regards,

André

former_member194451
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rossi,

In the attached .png editor screenshot. I did not see the Android Normal and Large as you stated.

To add Platforms. You would right click on "Platform" -> Add Platform -> select Android ->

I believe the out of box Meter Management 6.2 should work on Android client with iPhone/iPad screen set. May I ask what specific customization you would like for label, text field, background color, etc.?

Regards,

Chung