cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special characters filter issue in dropdown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

In the past month, I had faced an issue in DS1.4 where if I append special character such as '$' to a value in a dropdown box, then the chart and crosstab was not filtered based upon the same value. Then I had to remove those special characters and replcae it with 'S', then the data was filtered perfectly fine and I could see expected results.

So my question remains, does Design Studio not allow usage of special characters in a dropdown box, so data was not filtered? Has anyone faced this issue before? If faced, then please guide me through.

Also metadata defined in my system is having the value as '$' and not 'S' which I can see in crosstabs when data is shown and it is a hierarchy level node.

Any suggestions would be of great help. Please revert if you need any more details.

Thanks in advance.

Sambit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcavaco
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe I found a similar issue, I used portuguese characters, such as "ç" or "ã" in a dropdown populated onstartup, and it created issues with filters - charts and graphs did not assume the filters.

This occurs only on Internet Explorer (i tried it with IE10 and IE11 and it was the same), I tested it also on Chrome and Firefox and the problem did not occur.

Also when you open the report this dropdown appears to be selected, as if you clicked on it. Before Design Studio 1.5 SP0 Patch 1 it would even open the dropdown list while opening the report, but that was fixed with note 2179435.

Hope this helps.

Br,

João

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder if you need to apply some special character syntax that Karol references to here - could you look and see if that helps?

Otherwise, if you include some screen shots (using the camera icon) that might help others help you more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for the info. But this is not exactly what I am looking for. I am trying to filter the datasources based upon the hardcoded value containing special character which are fed into the dropdown box.

Unfortunately, I do not have any connection now to try in Design Studio tool. I faced this issue last month, so will not be able to provide the screenshots.

Any other alternative would be a learning for me as I want to know whether this is a bug in Design Studio tool or there is any work around?

Thanks,

Sambit

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't tested this, but could you try replacing the $ with an escaped \$ or a urlencoded %24?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately, I do not have any connection (datasource) now to try in Design Studio tool. I faced this issue last month, hence I am unable to try in my system as well. Can you or anyone try the same and share the feedback which can be a learning for us ?

Thanks,

Sambit