Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregation in HANA

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating calculation view based on SAP HANA300. Here I have created two aggregations combined in join and mapping done for source and target.
Aggregation 1 has actual and aggregation 2 are plnd values.
In union I did mapping for source and target. Here my question is when mapping aggregation 1 fields to aggregation 2, in out put, only vaules for aggregation2 are displayed. Basically I didnt understood what SAP is trying to say. After mapping why only aggregation 2 values aer shown in output?

Thanks
Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member210482
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Do a data preview on aggregation_1 node by right clicking on the node->data preview. Either Aggregation_1 has no data or both aggregation_1 and aggregation_2 have huge data. ie, more than the number of output result specified. By default it will show only 200 records. Try to increase it to 5000 and do a data preview. You might find aggregation_1 records lying below aggregation_2 records.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Safiyu

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are only 20 records in both the tables. I did the data preview for both the aggregations, data is displayed.

Aggregation 1 Raw data

Total IND =

Aggregation 2 data,

Total aggregat 2 , aggregated data

Overall result

SO overall result is same as Aggregation 2.

Thanks

Sri

former_member210482
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Can you please provide the output of union node as well as screenshot of final aggregation node.?

Regards,

Safiyu

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Output of union

Final aggregation node

Semantics

Thanks

Sri

former_member210482
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I created a similar scenario and did the same as you have shown here..

Union Node:

Aggregation node:

Semantics:

And the final output:

From aggregation1 the output is with client . since aggregation2 doesnt have client it shows ? over there. And so on. I dont understand why you are facing this issue.

Dummy1 and Dummy2 tables have 6 records each. which after aggregating based on currency, i get 2 records for each of the aggregation node. So in final output after union and aggregation i get 4 records.

Regards,

Safiyu

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saif,

I see there is some problem in aggregation 1.

When I right click on ZSAL_ACTUAL and do data preview, I get records. BUT when I right click on Aggregation_1 and do data preview. I dont get any records.

BUT

In Aggregation_2, When I right click on ZSAL_3RD and do data preview, I get all records and also when right click on Aggregation_2 I get AGGREGATED records.

The problem is in aggregation_1. I dont get any aggregated records. i get blank. belwo is screensshot

I tried with other table as well. I get records for that table in aggregation. The only problem is with ZSAL_ACTUAL only. Will there be any setting related to table??

Thanks

Sri

former_member210482
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Can you share your aggregation_1 screenshot? There wont be any problems with settings because one of your aggregation node works fine. Can you try a projection node and then to aggregation. Not a solution, but to experiment.

Regards,

Safiyu

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Aggregation_1 definition

ZSAL_ACTUAL data preview

Aggregation_1 . data preview

Thanks

Sri

former_member210482
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Add net_amt also as aggregated column and try..

Regards,

Safiyu

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried that as well but no luck.

Thanks

Sri

former_member210482
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did u try adding a projection node and then sending it to aggregation? Also try without adding measures as aggregated output. are you getting any output in this case?

Regards,

Safiyu

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried with projection as well but in projetion also data is not getting displayed in data preview.

Thanks

Sri

former_member210482
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Thats Strange. Why dont a simple projection give data? Since your other tables are working fine, there must be problem with your table. If the table is row type then you wont be able to add the table itself to your view. Try recreating the table.

Regards,

Safiyu

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its a column tables same as other table. I guess i need to recreate table and give other try. Will update once i do that.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Sri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How did you verify that only the values from your Aggregation_2 are displayed?

Since you do a final aggregation as well, are you sure you didn't merge the values by summing them up?

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for reply.

How did you verify that only the values from your Aggregation_2 are displayed?

I checked the values in the aggregation 2 table and they are same for gross amount and  for net_amt, its a calculated column in aggr2 (gross amount * 9). So all the values are coming from aggr2 only.

Since you do a final aggregation as well, are you sure you didn't merge the values by summing them up?

In semantics by default, its key figures are aggregated as "SUM"

Thanks

Sri